UK Occultations Discussion Group UKoccultations@groups.io
An astronomy group for timing lunar and asteroid occultation of stars, and the techniques involved. Anyone with an interest in our observing activities is invited to join. The group was set up in 2012 to support observers in the UK. The international discussion groups are: IOTAoccultations, and the Planoccult List in Europe.
When a minor planet passes in front of a star, we time when the star disappears and reappears to a fraction of a second. This improves our knowledge of the shape and position of the object - e.g; moon(s), asteroids, TNO in their local space environments.
We encourage the observation of occultation phenomena: asteroids, Pro-Am campaigns, total and grazing Lunar occultations, and hope you will be able take part.
- 60 Members
- 933 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.