Topics

WIMO SHF 2328 23cm-Yagi 28 Element ?

militaryoperator

WIMO SHF 2328 23cm-Yagi 28 Element

?  good, bad, indifferent? worth buying?

Ben

--------------------------------------
Curator, Owner and Display coordinator
Military Wireless Museum
Kidderminster, UK.

This message was meant for the recipient
Any likeness to persons living or dead is odd
---------------------------------------

alwyn.seeds1

Dear Ben,

I think these are pretty useful, with two caveats:

1. Be careful not to put strain on the N type connector- many people have reported problems due to the plastic encapsulation cracking, allowing water in.

2. The boom is prone to wind-induced oscillations, even at quite low wind speeds. If the boom is braced, problem solved. Before we braced the booms of our x 8 array of these, we had two break and one crack due to wind-induced oscillations.

Wimo kindly sent us replacement booms FOC.

The design seems to follow the DL6WU dimensions, giving a clean pattern and high gain for boom length.

Regards,

Alwyn G8DOH

Alwyn Seeds, Director
114 Beaufort Street (Management) Company Ltd.,
114 Beaufort Street,
London,
SW3 6BU

114 Beaufort Street (Management) Company Ltd., Registered in England and Wales: No. 02797775 Registered Office Address: 114 Beaufort Street, London, SW3 6BU

militaryoperator

Dear Ben,
I think these are pretty useful, with two caveats:
1. Be careful not to put strain on the N type connector- many people have reported problems due to the plastic encapsulation cracking, allowing water in.
2. The boom is prone to wind-induced oscillations, even at quite low wind speeds. If the boom is braced, problem solved. Before we braced the booms of our x 8 array of these, we had two break and one crack due to wind-induced oscillations.
Regards,
Alwyn G8DOH

Thanks Alwyn.

1: will not be used in rain.

2: will not be used other than when needed

So we might be ok, hi.

Ben