Topics

Wideband 70cms racket

Phil Williams

This spread spectrum racket has appeared today from 433.0 to 434.7 - you can see the usual keyfobs at 433.92. Anyone recognise this?  - Phil G3YPQ

G8ACE

There have been several different 70cm rackets in recent months.  Is this the one that sounds like 1pps marching on the spot.  It moves around and can occur on repeater inputs and outputs.  Its audible  at various times on all the 70cm repeaters I can receive .  It starts up and goes away without warning and seems very hard to get a bearing on.  I suspect its multiple sources and we are likely stuck with it from now on as I guess its almost certainly a licence free qrm machine.
73s John G8ACE

Colin Ranson

John,

On the input of IH its like ‘chuff........ chuff,chuff’    ‘chuff.........chuff,chuff’ on weak signals and  as you say, at various times, also very broadband.

Colin de G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10