From: Jason F <g4kvt.com@...>
Date: 23/02/2020 6:39 pm (GMT+00:00)
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] Wanted: 3cm and 9cm SSPA

Hi all

Wanted: a 3cm and a 9cm SSPA; I'm looking for a 3cm and 9cm SSPA (nothing too QRO, terrestrial use rather than EME etc.) - prefer 12v

For 3cm I have the Kuhne MKU 10 G4 transverter (~ 400mW) out and for 9cm I have one of the new 9cm SG-Labs transverters (~ 2W out) on its way

Please PM or email

73 Jason
G4KVT | IO81rk | Bristol | https://twitter.com/G4KVT | j dot fairfax at pki dot org dot uk

Jason F

Thanks Chris

That sounds very positive, and I always like to try QRP when I get the chance - hope to catch you on 9cm and the bands at some point

73 Jason

Mike Willis

What has happened to all those 20W Stealth Microwave amplifiers? 12V, 20W, 50 dB gain, two for £10 at one point.
--
Mike G0MJW

Jason F

Exactly - superb amplifiers; I had one, and sold it together with a 9cm Kuhne xvtr thinking I'd never have time for 9cm (as I plan/planned on 3cm next)

Jason

Stuart G1ZAR

I have not seen the Stealth ones for 9cm around much recently, but there are still Ionica PA's available.

Julian - M0UGA

40 quid gets you a useful amount of power on 9cms..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toshiba-UM2784B-Power-Amplifier-/254343888969

Jason F

Thanks Julian

I didn't know of that model; apparently (post Googling) for the 3.4 GHz enthusiast, the UM2683B PA module is similar and better; "relatively cheap, available, and whilst they provide a nominal 20 watts out, a simple bias modification allows outputs in excess of 50 watts" - I'll keep an eye out for one like this/these

73 Jason