Vector Voltmeter

Paul G8AQA

Robin,

If you find the probes have been blown up I have information about repairing them.

I have plenty of manuals and application notes etc (132MB) in electronic form.

73
Paul G8AQA

On 23/09/2021 10:25, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG wrote:
Suits me just fine Paul, I look forward to seeing you there.

In other news, thank you for the heads-up on the vector voltmeter, it has been paid for and is on its way. It sppears to have the "accessory kit" of probe adaptors and BNC connectors with it, which is a distinct bonus!

This should allow me to set up the 3dB hybrids on a pair of the "small" 70cm amplifiers I have ... the output should just about be adequate I hope ;)

On Thu, 23 Sept 2021 at 10:01, Paul G8AQA via groups.io <paulnick=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Maybe people do not understand Delta Variant Covid.  Even after double vaccination you can easily catch Delta Variant. If you do then you will be at the maximum shedding stage before you are aware of symptoms if any.  There will be vulnerable people at the event so we should respect their need for relative safety.
As Dave points out we cannot police it but would like to rely on peoples honesty and respect for others.

People seem to make an inordinate amount of fuss about exposure to amateur EM radiation. Show me the coffins. Covid .......

I would assume people have their car tested and are tested for their ability to drive, both expensive procedures.  Is it too much to ask for people to take a lateral flow test in their home. Test kits are available free from your chemist.  This does not seem to be a great imposition.

For those who do not understand the statistics I was thinking of offering Russian Roulette in the nearby woods as an alternative.

Paul G8AQA

On 23/09/2021 09:32, MrBritdog wrote:
I totally agree with Dave and Andy
I will not attend if test is needed,
I have NHS vac card,
Iam at an age where I can use common sense I will where a mask indoors and keep a distance if I feel unwell I stay at home, if that’s not good enough then I will not attend and quite happily find something else to do for the day, after all it’s only a hobby
Cheers steve
G1PPA

Paul Selwood G3YDY

For many years we used to successfully repair these probes. It is usually the the two front diodes that get blown up.

From a collection of blown probes we made up new sets of diodes by matching up (DC wise) the good diodes. Saved our company £1000's.

73

Paul

G3YDY

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

I'm hoping they are fully functional, if there is a problem, I shall be in touch to discover how to repair them.  They are a uniquely useful device for setting up hybrid couplers .. being able to read phase and relative levels.  I think this one even has the probe adaptors and BNC transitions, which is an added bonus .. just waiting to get the final leg of th delivery sorted now.

On Thu, 23 Sept 2021 at 14:24, Paul Selwood G3YDY via groups.io <g3ydy=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
For many years we used to successfully repair these probes. It is usually the the two front diodes that get blown up.

From a collection of blown probes we made up new sets of diodes by matching up (DC wise) the good diodes. Saved our company £1000's.

73

Paul

G3YDY

Ian White

Am I wrong, or is the basic hardware for a 2-channel frequency-selective vector voltmeter already built into a 2-port VNA?
The probes would each require a series resistor, but the different user interface would be a SMOC.

73 from Ian GM3SEK