Topics

Underslung dish

Conrad, PA5Y

I have a 2m dish that I would like to put on my tower without destroying the pattern of 2 x 12 ele 144 MHz yagis. I have a feeling that having the dish at 90 deg to the yagis will be better. I wonder if the dish is offset from centre and then rotated about the mast below the head unit this will be possible. I would support the lower part of the pole used to support the dish with a ring with slip bearings. This would allow me to get on 13cms as well.

Is there any reason why this cannot work?

The 2m antennas must not be compromised too much.

Conrad