Topics

UKuG G8ACE OCXO

Adrian G4UVZ

Following the generocity of friends on this forum and Brian G4NNS's PIC programming skills I now have the MK1 GB3KBQ  beacon on test using the RDDS board.

I am using the original 27 MHz crystal  which means that the keying is not very crisp and I am not sure that it would support JT4G

So the next quest is the matching UKuG G8ACE OCXO ..I have aquired the PCB layout but if there were a pre-printed board or complete OCXO out there it would make things a lot easier!

The Ever optimistic G4UVZ

geoffrey pike

Is this the 108.xxxxx MHz OCXO?
cheers
Geoff
GI0GDP

On Thursday, 5 November 2020, 15:22:45 GMT, Adrian G4UVZ via groups.io <adrianwhatmore248@...> wrote:

Following the generocity of friends on this forum and Brian G4NNS's PIC programming skills I now have the MK1 GB3KBQ  beacon on test using the RDDS board.

I am using the original 27 MHz crystal  which means that the keying is not very crisp and I am not sure that it would support JT4G

So the next quest is the matching UKuG G8ACE OCXO ..I have aquired the PCB layout but if there were a pre-printed board or complete OCXO out there it would make things a lot easier!

The Ever optimistic G4UVZ

ian hope (2E0IJH)

I've got a Q5 Digi-LO that's coming out of my 144mhz Transverter if that's any good for this sort of thing, http://q5signal.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=67, currently on 116mhz but has wide range if you read manual, Phase noise was not low enough for me on 144mhz.

Ian
M5IJH

Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2020 at 5:05 PM
From: "geoffrey pike via groups.io" <gi0gdp@...>
To: "UKMicrowaves@groups.io" <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] UKuG G8ACE OCXO

Is this the 108.xxxxx MHz OCXO?
cheers
Geoff
GI0GDP

On Thursday, 5 November 2020, 15:22:45 GMT, Adrian G4UVZ via groups.io <adrianwhatmore248@...> wrote:

Following the generocity of friends on this forum and Brian G4NNS's PIC programming skills I now have the MK1 GB3KBQ  beacon on test using the RDDS board.

I am using the original 27 MHz crystal  which means that the keying is not very crisp and I am not sure that it would support JT4G

So the next quest is the matching UKuG G8ACE OCXO ..I have aquired the PCB layout but if there were a pre-printed board or complete OCXO out there it would make things a lot easier!

The Ever optimistic G4UVZ

Gary M1EGI

Hi Adrian,

eBay has a listing for what I hope you are looking for...

I have no connection with the seller!

Hope this helps.

73 Gary M1EGI

DougF VK4OE

Hey fellows!

I'm pretty sure that I have available a little plastic bag containing all of the components needed for this project.  Happy to negotiate, but it's here in Australia, so international shipping would be involved.

Cheers and 73,

--Doug Friend, VK4OE.