[UKBeacons] GB3GCT 10GHz

Andy G4JNT

Well, that was a pointless exercise.
Drove out the Cheesefoot Head - my local high spot - with 10GHz transverter and smallish antenna to see how well the GB3GCT beacon would be refracted over the Ridgeway.

Only to get there and find the normal layby was completely blocked by trees in that direction.   The only spot with a decent view to the north was the main car park and that was so full of cars and walkers donning boots (it's on the S Downs Way)  I wasn't going to faff with equipment.   May go back later perhaps, mid week.  Or see if there's a road-accessible view north from one of the hills just by Winchester.

image.png

image.png