[UKBeacons] 50MHz MS Beacon Test

John Fell

Primary signal with me is averaging +20dB/N in 6Hz RBW .
This is similar to your first test but this time the sheer amount of reflected signals (AS) is impressive .
Using same pair of phased  1/2wavelength crossed dipoles @ 2.5m and my Airspy R2 RX.

Some pings in there too.....

73

JOhn
G0API
IO80XS77JR

On Thu, 7 Oct 2021 at 12:37, Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
Not microwaves but ...

I'm currently soak-testing a 50MHz power amplifier to form part of a beacon for a meteor measurement project.   100 Watts to an HB9CV antenna pointed vertically upwards on 50.398MHz
No clever modulation, just a plain carrier with On/Off CW ident every 3.5 minutes

Be a pity to waste all that leccy without giving listeners an opportunity to listen for it - or, better still, meteor pings.

If you're more than a couple of 100km from the south coast and aren't overwhelmed by the direct signal, look for meteor and aircraft reflections