UK Survey Reminder

Murray Niman

Hi

A shameless reminder before its deadline next Sunday (May 23):
(esp given that microwave/mmwave is full of opportunities as well as commercial pressure)

As part of a wider IARU workshop, the RSGB is running a short survey about amateur radio in the UK. Nearly 550 people have responded so far and given their views. The survey takes just a few minutes to complete.
We’d love to have good representation from across the whole of the UK so make sure you take part and represent your area.

Whether you’re licensed or just interested in amateur radio we’d welcome your views. You can find more information and the survey link on the RSGB website here.  - www.rsgb.org/survey

best regards

   Murray G6JYB

Colin Ranson

Not the sort of survey I was expecting so I didn’t complete.

Colin de G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

A shameless reminder before its deadline next Sunday (May 23):
(esp given that microwave/mmwave is full of opportunities as well as commercial pressure)

As part of a wider IARU workshop, the RSGB is running a short survey about amateur radio in the UK. Nearly 550 people have responded so far and given their views. The survey takes just a few minutes to complete.
We’d love to have good representation from across the whole of the UK so make sure you take part and represent your area.

Whether you’re licensed or just interested in amateur radio we’d welcome your views. You can find more information and the survey link on the RSGB website here.  - www.rsgb.org/survey

best regards

   Murray G6JYB

Dave

The survey was very relevant regarding the future of amateur radio. Asked some questions that certainly made me think.
73
Dave G4GLT.

[...]

Dave Cawley G4IUG

My view it was just "going through the motions" and will be discarded anyway.  Some of us will never forget the 100 mile rule..............

Dave  G4IUG  Ex G8EAO

G8DQX list

Another view,

the survey was asking for input to the IARU—not the RSGB, except as an intermediary—what our thoughts are as to things which discourage and encourage, enable and disable Amateur Radio. We won't all give the same answers. The view of each of us is valuable. And there all too many forces who would be only too glad to hijack our hard-fought for frequency allocations.

As to 100 mile rules, my own recollection is very flaky, as are the results from otherwise useful search engines! For all their faults, the RSGB and IARU are the best protection for Amateur Radio, including microwave operation as relevant to this group, that we have.

Robin, G8DQX

On 17/05/2021 00:14, Colin Ranson wrote:

[...]

militaryoperator

Another view,
the survey was asking for input to the IARU—not the RSGB, except as an intermediary—what our thoughts are as to things which discourage and encourage, enable and disable Amateur Radio. We won't all give the same answers.

I have given them my answers, they won't like them but, it's FREE SPEECH after all, well, the illusion of free speech I guess.

Ben.