Topics

UK / EU Group Purchase of Si Radar Devices

Dave G8KHU

Good Morning All

I have also posted this on the 122GHz group.

Earlier this year I co-ordinated a group purchase of Silicon Radar 122 GHz and 24 GHz devices (50+ devices) so that we could split Si Radars huge shipping/handling caharges between the group. Since then I have had several requests for the devices and now have no more surplus stock.

If there is sufficient interest I would be happy to co-ordinate another group purchase, this would be for any of Si Radars devices and not just limited to the 122 GHz / 24 GHz devices. You can see the available devices here: https://siliconradar.com/products/

In view of the impending Brexit deadline this would have to finalised in the next two weeks so that devices could be received and shipped out before the UK leaves the EU and different duty/VAT regulations come into force. I'm sorry for those outside the UK/EU but this potential purchase is for the UK/EU ONLY because of the difficulties in posting devices to other countries in the current Covid 19 pandemic. (The Royal mail is not delivering to many countries and there are severe delays to many others.)

If you are interested in purchasing devices please contact me off list (use "Reply to Sender") with your requirements and I will see if there is sufficient interest.

73 Dave G8KHU

Dave G8KHU

Hi All

For information the last pricing I had from Silicon Radar (August 2020) for low quantities was as follows:
TRX_120_001     35,47 Euro Each
TRA_120_002     22,40 Euro Each
LNA_024_004     10,50 Euro Each
TRX_024_006     10,47 Euro Each
TRX_024_007     10,47 Euro Each
These prices are EX VAT (19% in Germany) and ex Carriage.
With a reasonable amount of interest I would hoe that we could get the amortised carriage from SI Radar to the UK don to <5 Euro per device. Shipping from me to the UK is £2-£3 and to the EU <£10 per shipment.

I hope this helps if you are interested.

73 Dave G8KHU

Neil Smith G4DBN

Hi Dave, I'd like two of the TRX_120_001 chips please, I want to have a play with a flexure-mounted translation stage and/or lenses for tx/rx changeover with the patch-equipped chips, using boards based on the VK5 approach. I have a huge pile of other stuff to finish first, but might as well have the chips in stock.

I've just finished another batch of the free-rotating VK3CV to UG-387/U flanged couplers and W2IMUs and hopefully I'll get a batch of Pickett-Potters done over the weekend. I've also made up a copying attachment so I can make very precise Cassegrain hyperbolic subreflectors for those Edmunds f/d 0.25 dishes, but I need to get more heatspreaders and WR90-SMA couplers made and shipped before I make up the Cassegrains. I don't have time to go to work any more, it eats into radio/machining playtime too much.

In the dark reaches of the night when I can't run the machine shop for fear of waking the village, I've hacked up the modulation source code in WSJT-X to send the transmit tone sequences to a UDP listener, which then generates control words for a DDS at submultiples of the various mode tone spacings.  Those can then be multiplied up or used as the reference for an SHF PLL to get the correct spacing at a final frequency.  The DDS I am using is not ideal, but I have an AD9912 board on the way, so fingers crossed, I might be able to get something sorted to try by mid-Dec.

I guess there is no sign of the newer chips being available yet is there?

Neil G4DBN

On 20/11/2020 13:51, Dave G8KHU wrote:
Hi All

For information the last pricing I had from Silicon Radar (August 2020) for low quantities was as follows:
TRX_120_001     35,47 Euro Each
TRA_120_002     22,40 Euro Each
LNA_024_004     10,50 Euro Each
TRX_024_006     10,47 Euro Each
TRX_024_007     10,47 Euro Each
These prices are EX VAT (19% in Germany) and ex Carriage.
With a reasonable amount of interest I would hoe that we could get the amortised carriage from SI Radar to the UK don to <5 Euro per device. Shipping from me to the UK is £2-£3 and to the EU <£10 per shipment.

I hope this helps if you are interested.

Dave G8KHU

Hi Neil

Ive registered you interest. Last I heard (again August this year) only a few pre production 130 GHz and 300 GHz chips were available - at eye watering prices. I will check again though if this purchase goes ahead.

73 Dave G8KHU