TWT INFO WANTED

p.day <peter@...>

Does anyone have information on the Siemens TWT type W3MT/3A ?

I particular need power supply requirements and plug/socket connection
details.

I already have details of frequency coverage, power o/p, gain and NF etc.

Peter, G3PHO
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Editor: RSGB Microwave Newsletter
Amateur Microwave Radio Webpage:
http://www.g3pho.free-online.co.uk
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Keith

Hello Peter :)
I'm also looking for info on a Siemens YH 1423 TWT, especially start up recommendations after a 6 year period of non use.
Best of luck :)
73
Keith VK6KB

DF6NA Rainer

Hi Keith,

here is the datasheet for the YH1423.

73, Rainer

Am 03.03.2021 um 13:22 schrieb Keith:

Hello Peter :)
I'm also looking for info on a Siemens YH 1423 TWT, especially start up recommendations after a 6 year period of non use.
Best of luck :)
73
Keith VK6KB

Tim Hague M0AFJ

Hi Keith
When I was working with TWTA’s if we had one that hadn’t been run for a year or so we would apply heaters for a few days then apply the HT keeping an eye on the helix current, this is when you will know if you have a good tube or not. If the protection allows you to keep the HV on but the helix current is high then apply HV and pulse the grid and see if the helix current starts to decrease, this will show if the tube is degassing.
New designs of tubes are a lot better than the old ones for gassing and can be left without running up for a few years.
I see this tube is a Ku band device, It’s unlikely you will be able to pull it down the 10GHz...

Best Regards
Tim Hague