Topics

Thankyou on 13cms tonight

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

A pleasure to finally work more than a couple of stations on 13cm tonight.   It really was quite horrible weather, so I worked it from home instead of up a hill, but did manage 12 contacts and  odx of 222km,  best yet!

--
Best regards,

Robin Szemeti

John Lemay

Robin

Good to work you last night – a decent signal under so-so conditions.

My biggest disappointment was the significant number of Meeps and QSO attempts that I could not fit within the contest period – sorry chaps. 3 hours is quite long enough to sit in the chair, yet I always run out of time !

John G4ZTR

A pleasure to finally work more than a couple of stations on 13cm tonight.   It really was quite horrible weather, so I worked it from home instead of up a hill, but did manage 12 contacts and  odx of 222km,  best yet!

--

Best regards,

Robin Szemeti

DAVID G4ASR

Good to work you last night Robin.

Running 20w from an SG-Labs SSPA, 75ft up, at masthead, to a 67-element Wimo.
A very short 1-metre length of hardline to the driven element so virtually no loss.

I worked 12 locator squares, ODX 520km with GM4JTJ via aircraft scatter.

Got 2 meeps in last 2-minutes. If anyone wants an almost guaranteed QSO - do it earlier.

73
David G4ASR

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Indeed it was, and especially nice to work so many without resorting to KST!   The signal from VKV was blisteringly loud!  I shall add a masthead preamp, as I was generally getting better reports than I was giving, so it is the RX end that needs the work now. I don't think the device in the front of the tvtr is particularly good, and  the 10+ metres of LDF4-50 will add a little more. A decent pre should help.