TCXO Donation

Michael Scott

Hi All

The Chipbank has just received a donation of 25 Meiden 14.4MHz TCXOs from Paul G8AFC, for which many thanks!

About 10 years ago these were available on e-bay from Pyrojoseph in the USA. For the benefit of those who have joined the UKuG since then, these oscillators were reviewed in Scatterpoint, February/March 2011 by Bernie Wright, G4HJW, and formed the frequency source for the transmit version of the "Bernie Box", a low power 10GHz transmitter/signal source  ( http://www.earf.co.uk/txkit.html ). Although kits/PCBs are no longer available, these TCXOs can form the basis of a signal source for many of our bands from 144MHz up, and with a little modification, the tuning range can be increased considerably.

I will add them to the Chipbank catalogue at the next update, but in the meantime, please send an order form in the usual way.

73,

Mike, G3LYP.

http://www.earf.co.uk/txkit.html

Conrad, PA5Y

Hello Mike was the PN measured by anybody at the time?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

[...]

H Conrad,

No mention of the phase noise in Bernies article except for a comment that the signal purity was good!  He does say that some of them were subject to frequency jumps.

Mike.

On 31/03/2021 12:02, Conrad, PA5Y wrote:
[...]

Paul G8AQA

Hi Mike,

I would like a couple of the TCXOs.  I will send you an order form.

I have a quantity of Mini Circuits VAEQ-2159 voltage variable equalisers.

50 ohm 950 to 2150 MHz with the variable slope.
I can't think of a use for them at the moment. I will donate 60 of them in due course but if anyone wants any now please get in touch direct.

73
Paul G8AQA.

On 31/03/2021 11:36, Michael Scott via groups.io wrote:
[...]

OK Paul, I will send them to you when I get the form.

Thanks for the offer of the Mini Circuits parts,please excuse my ignorance, but what do they do?!!

73, Mike.

On 31/03/2021 12:54, Paul G8AQA via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Mike

https://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/VAEQ-2150+.pdf

That is where I reduced my ignorance a little.

73
Paul

On 31/03/2021 19:35, Michael Scott via groups.io wrote:

[...]

Thanks Paul!

It looks a though it is a sort of frequency dependant variable attenuator!

73, Mike.