Topics

SSB Electronic LT33S

Steve - WB0DBS

Does anyone have alignment instructions for the old SSB Electronic LT33S? It’s based on the LT23S and I believe alignment instructions for the 23 would give a clue as to what to do for the 33 as they share the same circuitry. The LT33 main assembly and the RF output power meter even say LT23 on them. I have one I’m testing for a SK estate and with proper drive it’s only delivering 5-6 watts instead of 10. I have the LT23S manual and the LT33S supplement but neither contain alignment procedures.

Cheers,

Steve
WB0DBS

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

I might be remembering it wrong, but I thought the LT23S was based on their "Microline 3" modules, the UEK-3 and the .USM-3

Anyway, usually its tweak up the LO for maximum smoke, then tweak up the transmit strip ... the full instructions for the UEK-3  are here:

and

They are in German, but it's easy enough to get the gist of it.

The PA unit is here, but no alignment instructions for that:

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 at 20:38, Steve - WB0DBS <steve-krull@...> wrote:
Does anyone have alignment instructions for the old SSB Electronic LT33S? It’s based on the LT23S and I believe alignment instructions for the 23 would give a clue as to what to do for the 33 as they share the same circuitry. The LT33 main assembly and the RF output power meter even say LT23 on them. I have one I’m testing for a SK estate and with proper drive it’s only delivering 5-6 watts instead of 10. I have the LT23S manual and the LT33S supplement but neither contain alignment procedures.

Cheers,

Steve
WB0DBS

Steve - WB0DBS

Looks promising, time for some reading and Google Translate!

Cheers,

Steve
WB0DBS