Topics

Scatterpoint and RadCom columns request for input.

John Worsnop

I have been allocated 2 pages for the March GHz Bands! Starting on it this week.
Any input you have for this and Scatterpoint activity gratefully accepted!

73 and HNY

John

Andy G4JNT

Is this permanent?   Make it as technical as you reasonably can and it will continue.

On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 at 10:55, John Worsnop <johnworsnop@...> wrote:
I have been allocated 2 pages for the March GHz Bands! Starting on it this week.

73 and HNY

John

eightyelectric

Recently returning  member, so not seen recent scatterpoints, but has hamnet, or 5.6Ghz FPV analogue TV been covered.

Sent from my Galaxy

-------- Original message --------
Date: 07/01/2021 10:55 (GMT+00:00)
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] Scatterpoint and RadCom columns request for input.

73 and HNY

John

Andy G4JNT

Hamnet was covered in Data a couple of years ago, but could do with another push

On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 at 11:15, eightyelectric via groups.io <Eightyelectric=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Recently returning  member, so not seen recent scatterpoints, but has hamnet, or 5.6Ghz FPV analogue TV been covered.

Sent from my Galaxy

-------- Original message --------
Date: 07/01/2021 10:55 (GMT+00:00)
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] Scatterpoint and RadCom columns request for input.

73 and HNY

John

militaryoperator

73 and HNY

John
----------------------------------

John,  

Highly technical articles may suit some, usually though it suits those who already are highly technical.

Don't forget some of us are still learning the basics, and there might be those who know even less and are looking to get into this side of the hobby. 

Just a thought. 

Ben.  

Murray Niman

Hi John
Some fresh guidance for beginners/intermediates would be preferable if possible? 
 - we have 1000s of new amateurs with access to 10GHz/1W and now a surge at intermediate. FPV and other modules are interesting. Hamnet though has no traction in the UK, not helped by the UK 5GHz licence allocations being too narrow (resulting in some DL/US-based mesh mods being illegal here)

73 and HNY

Murray G6JYB

John Fell

Where are the 1W devices available Murray - would be interested .

John
G0API

On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 at 15:23, Murray Niman <g6jyb@...> wrote:
Hi John
Some fresh guidance for beginners/intermediates would be preferable if possible? 
 - we have 1000s of new amateurs with access to 10GHz/1W and now a surge at intermediate. FPV and other modules are interesting. Hamnet though has no traction in the UK, not helped by the UK 5GHz licence allocations being too narrow (resulting in some DL/US-based mesh mods being illegal here)

73 and HNY

Murray G6JYB

eightyelectric

Does the hamnet on 2.4GHz not have potential in the UK.

G6UAJ Paul longstaff

Sent from my Galaxy

Murray Niman

Hi Paul

2.4ghz gets wiped out by domestic usage.
Classic Hamnet is rather focused on fixed infrastructure trying to reinvent the internet and simply has never been attractive here. Innovating/hacking with Zigbee, Lora or adhoc mesh (or FPV) seems to be the trendy thing...  

Murray G6JYB

Mike Willis

Hi John,

Sorry but all my recent microwave activity has been QO100 related and I think that's been done more than enough now. Having said that, have you covered microwave PAs recently? 
--
Mike G0MJW

Murray Niman

Given the new EMF regs that Ofcom will confirm in a few weeks, you might not want 1W amps  in a 10GHz waveguide for Foundation, but mW and modest horns can still be educational/fun

Murray G6JYB

Colin Ranson

Hi Murray,

These new EMF regs, does it mean we shall all have to use our QRO amps as doorstops and boat anchors ?  Does it mean QRO terrestrial TV TX’s, eg Sudbury, Sandy Heath, etc will have to go off air ?

Colin de G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 07 January 2021 15:55
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Scatterpoint and RadCom columns request for input.

Given the new EMF regs that Ofcom will confirm in a few weeks, you might not want 1W amps  in a 10GHz waveguide for Foundation, but mW and modest horns can still be educational/fun

Murray G6JYB

Murray Niman

Plenty of EMF guidance will be available to help you with the assessment threshold- it is not an absolute limit, but a statutory rule to avoid high fields near other folk.

RSGB will also be releasing a nicer front end for the somewhat basic Ofcom calculator 

for microwaves it will be a nice reminder on the difference between real power and EIRP due to high antenna gains 
Something amateurs as well as the public often overlook.

Murray

Andy G4JNT

Just do the sums - use the spreadsheet
You'll be surprised just how low a distance you'll end up with.

On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 at 17:54, Colin Ranson <g8lbs@...> wrote:

Hi Murray,

These new EMF regs, does it mean we shall all have to use our QRO amps as doorstops and boat anchors ?  Does it mean QRO terrestrial TV TX’s, eg Sudbury, Sandy Heath, etc will have to go off air ?

Colin de G8LBS.

Murray G6JYB

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

I'll be happy to write up the 9cm thing if it works ... boards expected ... ooh, tomorrow!  It won't make this month, but it could make next month.  You could ask Maarten PA0MHE if he has something ...

On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 at 18:12, Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:

Hi Murray,

Colin de G8LBS.

Murray G6JYB

--
Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Maarten PA0MHE

Just send it out today to Roger.......

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 7:50 PM Robin Szemeti - G1YFG <robin@...> wrote:
I'll be happy to write up the 9cm thing if it works ... boards expected ... ooh, tomorrow!  It won't make this month, but it could make next month.  You could ask Maarten PA0MHE if he has something ...

On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 at 18:12, Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:

Hi Murray,

Colin de G8LBS.

Murray G6JYB

--
Robin Szemeti - G1YFG