Topics

SAWF or Helical BP filter around 600MHz #10ghz

Maarten PA0MHE

For a new 10GHz beacon we plan to use an IF of around 600MHz, for this we need 4 band-pass filters.
Does anyone know a source for these filters ?

Mark GM4ISM

Hi Maarten

 I have some  interdigital filters that will tune easily but they are not  very small  170 x 90 x 25.   The SMA connections  will make the 90mm dimension larger.  passbannd is about 10MHz

also some smaller 800MHz ones that may tune down.  150 x 70 (inc SMS sockets) x 25  I will dig one out and play

 Mark GM4ISM

On 07/02/2021 13:24, Maarten PA0MHE wrote:
For a new 10GHz beacon we plan to use an IF of around 600MHz, for this we need 4 band-pass filters.
Does anyone know a source for these filters ?

KENT BRITAIN

600 MHz Helical Filters?
I have some 800 MHz Helical Filters that came out of analog cell sites.  They
tune down to 450 MHz.     22 x 22 x 12  mm.
Now, what do we do about VAT?   Kent

On Sunday, February 7, 2021, 07:24:04 AM CST, Maarten PA0MHE <maarten.heuvelman@...> wrote:

For a new 10GHz beacon we plan to use an IF of around 600MHz, for this we need 4 band-pass filters.
Does anyone know a source for these filters ?

Maarten PA0MHE

Thanks both Mark and Kent.
I didn't made it very clear but I  need small signal filters I can mount on a PCB e.g. Toko , Neosid or  Temwell. I do't know SWAF supplier brands.

KENT BRITAIN

These are PCB mount.    But not Toko footprint.

On Sunday, February 7, 2021, 08:42:31 AM CST, Maarten PA0MHE <maarten.heuvelman@...> wrote:

Thanks both Mark and Kent.
I didn't made it very clear but I  need small signal filters I can mount on a PCB e.g. Toko , Neosid or  Temwell. I do't know SWAF supplier brands.

Mark GM4ISM

Maarten  the smaller filters do not go down to 600MHz..   730MHz min

Now we are outside the EU, I'm not sure how EU  would treat incoming gifts  or  low value items,  The UK has adopted new systems already, much discussed here.  I gather the EU will be doing similar  in a few months

So in essence  we both  have the same issue in sending you a filter..  with the possible difference  that I am not running a business.

Regards

Mark GM4ISM

On 07/02/2021 14:28, KENT BRITAIN wrote:
600 MHz Helical Filters?
I have some 800 MHz Helical Filters that came out of analog cell sites.  They
tune down to 450 MHz.     22 x 22 x 12  mm.
Now, what do we do about VAT?   Kent

On Sunday, February 7, 2021, 07:24:04 AM CST, Maarten PA0MHE <maarten.heuvelman@...> wrote:

For a new 10GHz beacon we plan to use an IF of around 600MHz, for this we need 4 band-pass filters.
Does anyone know a source for these filters ?

Colin Ranson

Afternoon,

I just got some 820MHz double pole TOKO’s (5 x Toko 5HW-78045A-820, 5HW-78045 Helixfilter Helical Filter, 820 MHz) from  KUHNE via e-bay, not cheap at nearly 4 quid each, I really only needed one.  Using in my 92MHz – 2484 MHz multiplier at 828MHz.

Not looked but maybe some 600MHz there ?   An email to BEC distribution might help, a John Dodds – johnd@....

Hope helps

Colin de G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

2.12.0.0

Colin Ranson

Maarten,

Try John Dodds at BEC Distribution.   johnd@....

Explaining to him the use they will be put to helps. I think he likes radio amateurs !

Regards

Colin de G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

For a new 10GHz beacon we plan to use an IF of around 600MHz, for this we need 4 band-pass filters.
Does anyone know a source for these filters ?

2.12.0.0

Noel G8GTZ

Mark,

Just stick them in a jiffy bag and put a CN22B on them (available at the Post Office) - if the value marked is less than ~20 euros, there will be no charge.

Posting loads of orders to EU and RoW from the BATC shop using that method and it works and not heard of anyone being charged yet even though the values marked were higher - no special values for customs used here!

Noel - G8GTZ

Maarten PA0MHE

Thanks all for the offerings. I expect now to receive the right ones for the project.