Sabotage attempt!

Clive Elliott GW4MBS

This was why I nearly didn't get on the air yesterday!

--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m - 3cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!

David GM6BIG

Hi Clive,

Almost a Cat-astrophe ?

Cheers DAvid

On 03/05/2021 16:32, Clive Elliott GW4MBS via groups.io wrote:
This was why I nearly didn't get on the air yesterday!
--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m - 3cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!

Dave (G1OGY)

Ah!
Stroke Purrrr

Dave, G1OGY

On Mon, 3 May 2021 at 16:32, Clive Elliott GW4MBS via groups.io
<humber1ton=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

This was why I nearly didn't get on the air yesterday!

--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m - 3cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!

eightyelectric

Shall I bite through the red wire or the yellow wire?

Sent from my Galaxy

This was why I nearly didn't get on the air yesterday!

--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m - 3cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!

Clive Elliott GW4MBS

With the Bengal one around, things can get even more unpredicatble when trying to load up the Land Rover.

--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m - 3cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!

Nicholas Shaxted

A more reliable method than cat’s whiskers has been found so I think it is about time your had a serious think about updating the system.

Nick – g4ogi

This was why I nearly didn't get on the air yesterday!

--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m - 3cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!

John Lemay

You really do need to invest in some new equipment – the cats whisker has had its day.

John ‘ZTR

This was why I nearly didn't get on the air yesterday!

--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m - 3cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!

Dominique Dehays

I suggest a revenge.
Cat mustache is an ideal tool to push the ultra tiny diodes used in mm mixers and glue them with silver glue...
73
Dom

R Hopkins

Hi Clive

The back of your Landrover looks like my old Cavalier did when I used to go out with my ATV gear.
Everything but the kitchen sink.

I wonder if you had any contacts yesterday?

I heard Adrian on Zello talking to G3Z (I think) on Brown Clee. Don't know if they completed the
contact on 10GHz though.

It's really rough outside this evening. Blowing a gale. It's the sudden gusts that frighten me. Been
thinking of taking some of my antennas off the mast. I very rarely use them.

Still thinking of RPE. I've decided on a way to go which is old fashioned technology but more
reliable than having too many microcontrollers involved. If I feel that I'm getting anywhere I may
contact Peter and ask for the original repeater back. It should take some weight off his shoulders.
Please don't spread it about in case it ends in abject failure. I've only mentioned it to Adrian and
John API and asked them to keep it under their hats as well.

R&D can be slow.

Cheers

Roger

On Mon, 03 May 2021 08:53:15 -0700, you wrote:

With the Bengal one around, things can get even more unpredicatble when trying to load up the Land Rover.

R Hopkins

Please ignore my last email to the group.

Accidentally sent to the wrong address.

Doh

Roger GW4NOS

On Mon, 3 May 2021 16:34:32 +0100, you wrote:

Hi Clive,

Almost a Cat-astrophe ?

Cheers DAvid

On 03/05/2021 16:32, Clive Elliott GW4MBS via groups.io wrote:
This was why I nearly didn't get on the air yesterday!

--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m - 3cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph
of optimism over geography!

Frank, G0GSR

You are lucky.
I had the local 2m repeater on the bench for some work.
I had all the module top covers off and when I came back to it a few days later, one of our cats had been sick in the RX module.
That took some doing!

Frank

Stephen Tompsett

Was that a fair assessment of the RX module design?

Stephen (G8LYB)

On 04/05/2021 18:49, Frank, G0GSR wrote:
You are lucky.
I had the local 2m repeater on the bench for some work.
I had all the module top covers off and when I came back to it a few days later, one of our cats had been sick in the RX module.
That took some doing!

Frank
--
Stephen Tompsett (G8LYB)