Rubidium Source

David G6FEO

I have gained a Rubidium Source, it's a Traycor 304DR.

I've tried looking for information about on the web it without success.

The only information I found was that Traycor merged into BAC many
moons ago.

Can anybody point me to any information about this box? or am I wasting
my time?

David.
G6FEO.

Steve - WB0DBS

David,

Traycor or Tracor? KO4BB manuals website has a service manual for the Tracor 304D Rubidium Frequency Standard. I assume the R just means it’s rack mount.

73,

Steve
WB0DBS

On May 15, 2022, at 1:02 PM, David G6FEO <david@...> wrote:

I have gained a Rubidium Source, it's a Traycor 304DR.

I've tried looking for information about on the web it without success.

The only information I found was that Traycor merged into BAC many
moons ago.

Can anybody point me to any information about this box? or am I wasting
my time?

David.
G6FEO.

David G6FEO

Steve,

Thank you, you were correct about the name, it's Tracor. I've
downloaded the manual.

Now I'll summon up the courage to see if a battery pack is fitted, the
switch for Hi/Low charge is missing.

I don't have a mains lead for it, it's got a circular socket on the
front that I'm not familiar with, I'll see about removing it and
attaching some wires for a temporary mains connection.

David.
G6FEO.

wrote:

I have gained a Rubidium Source, it's a Traycor 304DR.

I've tried looking for information about on the web it without
success.

The only information I found was that Traycor merged into BAC many
moons ago.

Can anybody point me to any information about this box? or am I
wasting
my time?

David.
G6FEO.

Simon G8DMN

Do check before applying mains that it will take 240VAC - some U.S. stuff won't. Results in emissions not covered by ICNIRP regulations.
73,
Simon

Steve - WB0DBS

David,

I’m happy I was able to point you in the right direction. From the pictures in the manual, the standard unit had the mains input on the rear panel, switchable between 120 and 240 volts and using the old oval, 3 pin connector popular in the day. Yours may be a special option and I’d guess the circular connector to be an MS series. I think my first check would be to see if the physics package is still present.
I’d also recommend you join the time-nuts group on groups.io as there is an amazing amount of expertise there. Good luck, that’s a really nice Rb standard!

Steve
WB0DBS