[RSGB-Workshop] Farnell Handling Charge

On Mon, 17 May 2021 at 13:42, Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
Farnell have just, (as of today I was told) introduced a £2 handling charge on orders less than £40 for account holders.

So that's blown their credibility.

It don't make much difference to me, as I usually place much larger orders. But there are companies with much larger minimum orders. Flann Microwave had a minimum order of £200 several years ago.  I wanted to order some plastic caps from a Caplugs distributor. The minimum order of them was quite significant. When I said this, the guy likened it to going into Tesco and wanting two teaspoons of sugar, and not being willing to buy a packet of sugar. He seemed to be overlooking that a packet of sugar is £1 or so, but the minimum order was £50 or so for each type. .When it became clear there was a long lead-time too, I ordered directly from the USA.

As far as I know, RS has no minimum order value.

Dave