Round Table?

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Is there going to be a uWave round table any time soon?  Most activities seem to have returned for those wishing to run the gauntlet of the pox and I am keen to purchase more junk for my shed and meet with some old acquaintances.

--
Best regards,

Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited

E: robin@...
T: +44 (0) 1299 405028
M: +44 (0) 7971 883371

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
confidential use of the above named recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient or person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you have received this communication in error
and must not distribute or copy it.
Please accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and delete this communication.

Thank you.

Tom GM8MJV

Hi all

Would be nice - would travel for one but still concerns over the un-vaccinated and ability to be a carrier.

If need to show proof of double vaccinated different matter - or outsie.  Outside does have issues with our weather.

Tom
GM8MJV

On 20 Sep 2021, at 17:13, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG <robin@...> wrote:

[...]

There are much larger events running now (such as Southampton Boat Show, various concerts, the Telford Rally only a couple of weeks ago) our small gatherings are unlikely to have much impact, I think we are all big enough and ugly enough to make our own decisions if it is something we feel comfortable with, and with suitable sensibilities from those attending I think we can operate safely. Certainly a uWave round table would be a much smaller event than the Telford Hamfest!

Lets face it, if several hundred sweaty individuals are apparently fine to go jumping up and down in a night club and dribbling on each other for an evening, I'm sure we as sensible and careful individuals and somewhat more restrained adults can sort out a safe way of attending a well behaved round table, no?

Anyway, just food for thought. I would pleased to attend if something was available, and if there was a "take a covid test 24 hours before attending" mitigation or something similar, that would be fine by me ... I don't think the situation is going to change musch for the next couple of years, this is the new normal.

On Mon, 20 Sept 2021 at 20:55, Tom GM8MJV <tom@...> wrote:
[...]

Paul G8KFW

Tom

Sorry but how is it you think being vaccinated makes you les of a career than someone who has not been vaccinated

Just think about it Paul

[...]

Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Lets not get too distracted with opinions on that topic ... we'll descend into some swamp of upset and pain.

On Tue, 21 Sept 2021 at 09:20, Paul G8KFW <admin@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes, feeling so starved of rallies and round tables, feel I want to go to anything ...

On Tue, 21 Sept 2021 at 10:36, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG <robin@...> wrote:
[...]

Lets try this another way, here is a link to a simple, 1 question survey.

I have kept it simple, I am sure there are many people with strong opinions, however attendance is optional, if you feel the time is not yet right, there is an option for that ... lets just test opinion first, then move or not move to the next step.

On Tue, 21 Sept 2021 at 10:36, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG via groups.io <robin=redpoint.org.uk@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Andy

My club has its first junk sale on 20-October if you want a trip up to Edinburgh. OK, maybe further than you want to travel but I've been told by plenty of people that they're desperate to buy/sell junk etc. again. Especially after a forced 18mth layoff.

The Scottish Microwave Round Table is postponed again this year but we're hopeful that 2022 will be full steam ahead.

Andy

[...]

Hi Paul

One of us has it the wrong way round - no matter what your vacc status is you may still be a carrier.

I get the impression that some people ’think’ I can do what I like now doubled vaccinated - not so.

Anyway as to round tables / shows - as Robin pointed out we are (or should be sensible) and can make own decision as too what is and is not an acceptable risk depending on personal circumstances.

Would like to attend and meet people - esp blow the budget on what looks like interesting ’stuff’ - one day

Tom
GM8MJV

On 21 Sep 2021, at 09:19, Paul G8KFW <admin@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Tom

I totally agree with your statement  in that having any Vaccination dues not change your status of being a carrier of coved and passing it on to others

I have recently started attending  shows  / exhibitions  and they are insisting on you having a negative flow test ( the home test ) within the last 2 days  otherwise they give you a flow test before allowing enter

Personally I have been on medication for the last 4 years that has caused me problems also had major surgery last year to remove prostate during covid so not had the Vaccination

I would welcome any meetings or round tables and even more so if they are in the south of the UK

Regards Paul West Sussex

[...]

Paul G8AQA

Hi Robin,

We are planning a round table for sometime mid November in Shropshire. Ideally there will be accommodation for those wishing to stay overnight but this may not be available. We are checking on the venue availability date but it looks promising.  Plenty of space for a junk sale. Fairly Covid safe. All attendees will be expected to take a lateral flow test before setting out.  These are available free from your local chemist. Good ventilation will be provided.  Further details will be available soon.

73
Paul
G8AQA

On 20/09/2021 17:13, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG wrote:
[...]

Well, that's one knocked on the head.   I won't be coming to any event that demands a test beforehand

On Wed, 22 Sept 2021 at 20:29, Paul G8AQA via groups.io <paulnick=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Peter G3SMT

Hi Paul,

Good news, look forward to receiving the details in due course.

73

Peter  G3SMT

On 22/09/2021 20:28, Paul G8AQA via groups.io wrote:
Hi Robin,

We are planning a round table for sometime mid November in Shropshire. Ideally there will be accommodation for those wishing to stay overnight but this may not be available. We are checking on the venue availability date but it looks promising.  Plenty of space for a junk sale. Fairly Covid safe. All attendees will be expected to take a lateral flow test before setting out.  These are available free from your local chemist. Good ventilation will be provided.  Further details will be available soon.

73
Paul
G8AQA

--
Peter G3SMT

Paul G8KFW

Hi Andy

Doing a home test is very easy and it gives you Pease of mind if you start coughing and spluttering when it might only be hay fever

I think testing negative might become the norm for entrance into a lot of buildings as I along with all attending have to have Negative testes for varies event locations in London

Regards Paul

[...]

G1DFL

The new nasal swab LF test is as easy and takes as much time as putting deodorant on in the morning. Makes sense to make both mandatory for radio events! :)

Roll-on the round tables...

Regards...Pete
G1DFL

On Wed, 22 Sept 2021 at 23:13, G1DFL via groups.io <peterdwberkshire=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The new nasal swab LF test is as easy and takes as much time as putting deodorant on in the morning. Makes sense to make both mandatory for radio events! :)

Roll-on the round tables...

Regards...Pete
G1DFL

Unless you are going to have the ability to police testing, I can't see what making it mandatory will achieve. I think you would probably pee off a lot of people. If you record the results of tests of people, then you would then have to concern yourself with the GDPR.

I can go to any pub, restaurant, supermarket etc, with no need to prove vaccination status and/or show a test result, so I'm not really sure why a round table should be any different. Personally; I've had my vaccines, but have not taken a test. I will take a test if I feel unwell, but I am not going to take a test just so I can visit a round table.

Dave G8WRB

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Well,

66 people answered and the survey said:

Not now : 14
With vacc and test: 14
With test: 13
Just do it: 25

So amongst the people willing to attend, pretty much a 50/50 split between those wanting some sort of testing, and those not bothered.

Paul AQA's approach seems reasonable to me and exactly mirrors other events I have attended ( Southampton Boat Show, show test take >48 hrs before on arrival, not recorded)  and Genesis concert in Bham (show NHS vacc cert, not recorded)

Personally, I have no problem with taking a test, they are free from the local chemist and simple to do.

On Wed, 22 Sept 2021 at 23:46, Dr. David Kirkby, Kirkby Microwave Ltd <drkirkby@...> wrote:
[...]

Reg Woolley

I recently attended a course, part of the criteria was to have a test in advance.  I dont see what all the fuss is about .

Reg g8vhi

[...]

It’s more about organisers being scared and covering their rear ends.

We really need to get life back on a proper course instead of this succumbing to this terror that’s been invidiously instilled over the last year or two.

On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 at 07:01, Reg Woolley via groups.io <g8vhi=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Andy (out keeping fit)

MrBritdog

I totally agree with Dave and Andy
I will not attend if test is needed,
I have NHS vac card,
Iam at an age where I can use common sense I will where a mask indoors and keep a distance if I feel unwell I stay at home, if that’s not good enough then I will not attend and quite happily find something else to do for the day, after all it’s only a hobby
Cheers steve
G1PPA