Topics

Reports/ tech Snippets for GHz bands and Scatterpoint

g4bao

Gratefully accepted by Wednesday at latest pse

73
John

Neil Smith G4DBN

"3 cm conditions are awful", oh, that isn't news, is it....

On 13/09/2020 23:00, g4bao wrote:
Gratefully accepted by Wednesday at latest pse

73
John
_

Andy G4JNT

Replacement capacitors of the right value for 1979 vintage Microwave Cookers are impossible to get hold of

That sort of Microwave News ?

On Sun, 13 Sep 2020 at 23:00, g4bao <john@...> wrote:
Gratefully accepted by Wednesday at latest pse

73
John

John Fell

Hi John,
Reasonably normal flat conditions over last month but this morning (14/09/2020 ) when the bedroom TV was turned on for the 8am news on Radio 2 , up popped a NO SIGNAL message .
In a half awake state I looked outside to find mist overlaying the local area - thinks LIFT !
10GHz was working with PI7ALK at 45dB above noise (6Hz RBW) on the SDR-IQ .GB3SEE was a similar level , with GB3CAM 569 .
There were probably others that had been available but the Sun was by then at work and all ducting stopped at this 66m asl QTH at 9 am .
I then checked 5.7GHz and found GB3 FNM was still 40dB + .All enhanced signals were to my East , Northerly paths were normal .
I use a 60cm offset dish at 6m agl , with a locked original Octagon LNB on 10GHz and a VE4MA feed offset by 7 degrees for 5.7GHz , directly coupled to a modified Franco (G4DDK mod) preamp , followed by a 2 stage ERA mod amp gain block and 25m of Sat TV coaxial cable to the shack Kune DB6NT TVTR .
It was pleasing to give some 1/2 points away for RX only contacts on both 5.7 and 10GHz during the recent Cumulatives .There must be several stations with similar kit that could participate in the RSGB events ?

73
John
G0API

PS Photo attached of my QO100 TX uplink 80cm dish feed (POTY) in the morning light .