I am keen to calculate a path loss
for a particular path. I looked online
and there were free programs.
Which program would be recommended
as easy to use?
Many thanks,
David G4GLT

Steve G4HTZ

This gives a reasonable idea ..it’s free ...but I’m sure there’s better ones ...just drag the map to your location...I use it on a IPAD

http://www.heywhatsthat.com/

Steve G4HTZ

https://link.ui.com/#

or this one

Dave

Thanks Steve, that’s great.
David G4GLT

On 22 Feb 2020, at 17:31, Steve G4HTZ via Groups.Io <essexsteve@...> wrote:

This gives a reasonable idea ..it’s free ...but I’m sure there’s better ones ...just drag the map to your location...I use it on a IPAD

http://www.heywhatsthat.com/

John Lemay

I recommend "Path Profile" by Mike Willis - available from G0MJW web pages.

Caveat:- As far as I know, all free software of this type use a "bald earth"
model; that is to say there is no information about trees and buildings and
limited information about other features such as railway embankments or
quarry spoil tips. This is not a criticism, just my understanding.

John G4ZTR