From: g3ypq
Sent: 28 September 2020 18:56
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] PC Noise

Not entirely on topic but something that might affect us all. For years I have put up with  a load of  computer generated spurs on waterfalls especially on 50MHz 70Mhz and 144Mhz.
Yesterday I changed monitor to a a nice 4k version and bingo they've gone. What a relief.

Phil G3YPQ

Conrad, PA5Y

If you do not want to go to the expense of a 4K monitor the HP Elite display E243 or E273 when used with a good quality display port cable are very quiet. My 2m EME system is 10m AGL and 12m away from these monitors and I cannot detect them.

I went through a good number of displays before I settled on these.

73

Conrad PA5Y