Topics

Nokia pa on 13cms?

militaryoperator

https://morepicture.webs.com/hamradio.htm

The Nokia pa for 13cm. I know about the circulator, removing etc, but what about the bias. Has anyone sorted out better biasing for this unit?

Ben

Curator, Owner and Display coordinator
Military Wireless Museum
Kidderminster, UK.

This message was meant for the recipient
Any likeness to persons living or dead is odd

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

In theory, it is supposed to run in Doherty mode .. the transistor on the right biased into Class A/B and pulling about 1.8A quiescent ... the one on the left turned hard off and only coming on with peaks.

I'm finding I can pull about 10A through the right hand device, but barely anything through the left hand device, no matter how hard I hit the input. I've increased the drive by 6dB and its not really pushing it any harder ... something isn't quite right.