Topics

Nokia board - 2.3 GHz using three x BLF8GSSLF-160BV 160w LDMOS

DAVID G4ASR

Does anyone have any detail regarding the surplus Nokia boards that use THREE  x  BLF8GSSLF-160BV ?

Drive power / output power / mods .... anything!

73
David G4ASR

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Blimey, that's a bit of a novelty ... I suspect it is a carrier, a peaking and a "even more peaking" judging by the phase splitters ...  did it come with the top cap/cover plate?

If I had to guess, I would say the top device is going to be the main carrier device and biased well into class A/B (more caps on PSU, double cap in output)  the centre device is going to be lightly biased on ... and the nearest device is going to be biased off and carrying only peaks.

I looked up a similar black "driver" chip the other day, NXP?  AI220HN60 or similar? they will do about 40W if I remember correctly,  and have about 28dB of gain, with puts the drive level at a couple of hundred milliwatts ...  I can't see from your photo, but that's where I would start.

If it's anything like the other similar boards I have seen, you'l find one row of those pins is 0V the other row nearest the transistors is 28V.

I was eyeing up some similar boards with a pair of 250 watt devices,  but I spent this months allocation on the biggest 65V LDMOS device for 2m that I could find, so it will have to wait.