noise genny

militaryoperator

The little noise genny from China (where else? but at least they deliver) has arrived and an initial try through my 9Cm filter gives a nice steep sided response.

It was interesting to see the shape change as I adjusted one of the screws,  much easier when you can see the signal, hi.

Really need to get a better speccy though, missed a 3.8Ghz one that went for less than £500 and one up to 8Ghz gets no reply to a question from the seller, go figure.

I just need to box it up and make it easier to use, save dropping anything on it while it's on, and then I can give the filter a tweak.

Finally received it after a week of no post, their are all self isolating here apparently.

Will be on 10Ghz tomorrow, had a nice qso with G4ODA earlier today, thanks Keith.

Ben

Paul G8AQA

Hi Ben,

I have an HP spec an for sale.18GHz direct 43GHz with external mixer.  With it a tracking generator to 1.5GHz.
Also available an automatic preselector to 18GHz.

Interested for a few hundred pounds?

73
Paul

On 24/07/2021 14:45, militaryoperator via groups.io wrote:
The little noise genny from China (where else? but at least they deliver) has arrived and an initial try through my 9Cm filter gives a nice steep sided response.

It was interesting to see the shape change as I adjusted one of the screws,  much easier when you can see the signal, hi.

Really need to get a better speccy though, missed a 3.8Ghz one that went for less than £500 and one up to 8Ghz gets no reply to a question from the seller, go figure.

I just need to box it up and make it easier to use, save dropping anything on it while it's on, and then I can give the filter a tweak.

Finally received it after a week of no post, their are all self isolating here apparently.

Will be on 10Ghz tomorrow, had a nice qso with G4ODA earlier today, thanks Keith.

Ben

Paul G8KFW

Hi Ben

Are you trying to tune a filter if so what frequency

Regards Paul

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

militaryoperator

From: "militaryoperator via groups.io" <Military1944@...>
To: "UKMicrowaves@groups.io" <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>

July 2018 RadCom,  Page 67
Noise source + used to adjust 3.4GHz filter

Andy

Now, if only I could find a July 18 Radcomic!!

Ben

Dave (G1OGY)

On Mon, 26 Jul 2021 at 12:18, ian hope (2E0IJH) <ian@...> wrote:
Avalible online if a RSGB member, https://rsgb.org/main/publications-archives/radcom/

Somewhat limited search criteria though...

"Please enter keywords, article title, or author's name or call sign"

And no obvious option to access a particular issue.

Dave, G1OGY

Neil Smith G4DBN

Cheating perhaps, but edit the URL to get any specific issue/page:

https://thersgb.org/members/publications/radcom/2018/july/files/assets/basic-html/page-66.html

The search engine doesn't seem to think Andy has written anything since 2017 though

Neil G4DBN

On 26/07/2021 13:54, Dave (G1OGY) wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jul 2021 at 12:18, ian hope (2E0IJH) <ian@...> wrote:
Avalible online if a RSGB member, https://rsgb.org/main/publications-archives/radcom/

Somewhat limited search criteria though...

"Please enter keywords, article title, or author's name or call sign"

And no obvious option to access a particular issue.

Dave (G1OGY)

That's helpful, Neil. thanks.
Yes; I noticed that Andy appeared to be putting his effort here, instead ;)

Dave, G1OGY

On Mon, 26 Jul 2021 at 14:11, Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:

[...]

Even more limited if your not an RSGB member !!

Ben