Topics

Nice tropo on 10GHz now

Neil Smith G4DBN

Hearing OZ5SHF on 10368.900 peaking S5 from JO45 to IO93 (730km)

also F5ZTR in JN19 peaking S7

Frank, G0GSR

Neil, I have never had any narrowband gear for 3cm, only wideband FM yonks ago so  I would be very interested in what your set-up consists of.
To be honest, I wouldn't have a clue where to start now.

Frank

Dominique Dehays

Hi all ,

nothing in south F , even 2m is bad. I expect something to happen when pressure , which is high , is dropping. Neil , U are one of my targets on 10Ghz but unfortunately 98% of my tropos are located to IO70 and are more and more rare events

73

Dom/F6DRO

Le 04/12/2019 à 09:59, Frank, G0GSR a écrit :

Neil, I have never had any narrowband gear for 3cm, only wideband FM yonks ago so  I would be very interested in what your set-up consists of.
To be honest, I wouldn't have a clue where to start now.

Frank

Neil Smith G4DBN

Hi Frank, I have a 95cm offset dish on a SCAM12 pump up mast, a WA6KBL design Pickett-Potter horn, waveguide feed to a w/g relay, w/g preamp, an old kit-built Kuhne G2 transverter modded for low power drive and split tx/rx, homebrew PLL local osc,  Anglian 144 to 28 transverter with injection locked LO and Elad FDM DUO SDR.

The masthead box is behind the dish, and it is powered all the time. I flood it with Argon if I ever open it, it also has a jar of zeolite dessicant and a GoreTex breather. PA is a gadget job making 10W.

I would do a a board with up/down converter chips if I was building new, and use one of the GaN PA MMICs on tx.

Neil G4DBN

Neil, I have never had any narrowband gear for 3cm, only wideband FM yonks ago so  I would be very interested in what your set-up consists of.
To be honest, I wouldn't have a clue where to start now.

Frank

Neil Smith G4DBN

s/gadget/gasfet/

Dratted autocorrect