Topics

New user to 13cm an 9cm. NOV question for UK use.

Andy GD1MIP

Folks, I have now got working transverters for 13cm and 9cm.
Only 3 watts to small PCB yagi's, but a start (1.2m dish next).

I plan to try them out tomorrow (27/10/2020) in the UKAC as hopefully I may hear someone. That lead to me checking the band plan.
As a full licence holder,  as  I understand it...

13cm.   Is split into two sections.
2300 - 2302MHz is an NOV area only with no IOM / GD access. So not for me.
2310 - 2450MHz  No NOV required  or IOM restriction.

9cm.
3400 3410MHz again no NOV or IOM restriction.

Have I got it correct?  If so I hope to hear some of you soon.

Thanks Andy GD1MIP

Murray Niman

Nearly right
There remains a requirement to register all operations in the std 13cm section (2310-2350) as well - see the quick link on the UKuG home page, esp as you are right under the PU flight path

73

 Murray G6JYB

Andy GD1MIP

Thanks Murray G6JYB & Martin GM8IEM for the direction.

I have sent the email to PSSRAMATEURS(AT)Ofcom.org.uk and applied for an NOV for the lower end (I know that portion is not allowed in GD but felt registering there can do no harm).

So I am good to go for tonight's UKAC, hopefully a relative local to me will be 'workable' with KST help.

Andy GD1MIP

Chris G0WUS

Hi Andy give me a meep for a try if you want on 13 and 9

73 Chris G0WUS

On 27/10/2020 08:33, Andy GD1MIP wrote:
Thanks Murray G6JYB & Martin GM8IEM for the direction.

I have sent the email to PSSRAMATEURS(AT)Ofcom.org.uk and applied for an NOV for the lower end (I know that portion is not allowed in GD but felt registering there can do no harm).

So I am good to go for tonight's UKAC, hopefully a relative local to me will be 'workable' with KST help.

Andy GD1MIP

Andy GD1MIP

Chris will do.

I may yet be stopped by the weather. 50 mph winds, but dry is the forecast.  Wind I can deal with, but rain... nothing is in a water resistant case yet.

I'll have 3watts maximum.  3 ele yagi on 13cm, 5 ele on 9cm. Just one contact would be nice to show they work. You may be too far, but I'll meep you.

Andy GD1MIP

Chris G0WUS

You will be surprised some times how well these bands travel. Maybe that you rx us but we do not rx you but still always worth a try.

Also think conditions maybe a bit dire so dont be put off if its a fail.

Try listening for Leicester Beacon on 13cms 2320.955 +- drift

73 Chris G0WUS

On 27/10/2020 10:27, Andy GD1MIP wrote:
Chris will do.

I may yet be stopped by the weather. 50 mph winds, but dry is the forecast.  Wind I can deal with, but rain... nothing is in a water resistant case yet.

I'll have 3watts maximum.  3 ele yagi on 13cm, 5 ele on 9cm. Just one contact would be nice to show they work. You may be too far, but I'll meep you.

Andy GD1MIP

Nick Gregory G0HIK

Hi Andy,

If you see me on KST, please Meep me. It's should be quite an easy path, just across the Irish sea to Cumbria, even with my low power, 2.5w and 27 ele.

I'll either setup from home on the drive or if I can raise the enthusiasm, I'll pop out to a high spot for an hour.

Nick G0HIK IO84

Andy GD1MIP

G0HIK

OK Nick. Will do. I will be up on the hill with 13cm / 3 ele / 2.5w  and 9cm / 5 ele / 3 w.  KST should be ok by phone.  Is Chris M0KPW? out too

Andy GD1MIP

Nick Gregory G0HIK

No he is only keen on 23cms, but I'm working on him.
Nick G0HIK