New British 122 GHz distance record

Chris G0FDZ

Hi folks

Yesterday (7th April ) at 1030 UTC a new British 122 GHz distance record was made over 35.925 kms by Roger G8CUB/P and Chris G0FDZ/P, between Danbury in Essex and Minster on the Isle of Sheppey.

More info and photos will be found in the forthcoming edition of Scatterpoint.

Regards

Chris G0FDZ

Barry Chambers

Chris, Roger

well done!

73

Barry, G8AGN

On 08/04/2021 09:19, Chris G0FDZ wrote:

Hi folks

Yesterday (7th April ) at 1030 UTC a new British 122 GHz distance record was made over 35.925 kms by Roger G8CUB/P and Chris G0FDZ/P, between Danbury in Essex and Minster on the Isle of Sheppey.

More info and photos will be found in the forthcoming edition of Scatterpoint.

Regards

Chris G0FDZ

Barry, G8AGN

John Quarmby

Very well done Chris and Roger, looking forward to reading about it in Scatterpoint.

73

John G3XDY

On 08/04/2021 08:19, Chris G0FDZ wrote:

Hi folks

Yesterday (7th April ) at 1030 UTC a new British 122 GHz distance record was made over 35.925 kms by Roger G8CUB/P and Chris G0FDZ/P, between Danbury in Essex and Minster on the Isle of Sheppey.

More info and photos will be found in the forthcoming edition of Scatterpoint.

Regards

Chris G0FDZ

Murray Niman

Great stuff in the lossy band!
73
Murray

G4LDR

Well done Chris and Roger. That is going to be hard to beat at least until the humidity drops again to the levels seen this week. We should also keep tabs on the best UK DX achieved by the VK systems (approx. 12km at the moment I think).

73 Neil.

Mike Lavelle K6ML

Congrats!