New Beacon

John Lemay

New beacon on 10368.935 MHz today; GB3GCT. The PI4 ident is copied here at
-13 to -16dB in JO01KW.

Well done and thanks to those involved !

John G4ZTR

Dave G1EHF

Thanks for the spot John. I installed the beacon this morning on the Greenham Common Control Tower (hence the callsign!).. The site is hosted by the NADARS (Newbury and District ARS) and they assisted with the install.

73, Dave G1EHF

militaryoperator

Thanks for the spot John. I installed the beacon this morning on the Greenham Common Control Tower (hence the callsign!).. The site is hosted by the NADARS (Newbury and District ARS) and they assisted with the install.
73, Dave G1EHF

Greenham Common... OMG, you'll have all the loons chaining themselves to the fences again, claiming radiation poisoning.

Thanks for the efforts.

Can someone do the same but nearer? John can hear enough as it is.

Ben G4BXD

g4bao

Good signal here via RS just now - Great Job, Dave!!
Can you send me a photo and some equipment details for the column?

It's in just the perfect spot for me! Nicely obstructed by hills so it's a proper propagation marker.

24GHz beacon next  :-) ...? need any bits...??

73
John

Dave G1EHF

John,

Will do on the details.

Plans are afoot to get the Farnham 24G beacon back on. Watch this space!

73, Dave

Paul G8KFW

Hi Dave

Thank you for the information Is it possible to give me a post code to see if I can use it

Regards Paul

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

Andy G4JNT

Post Code ?????????????
But if you insist.   From a reverse lookup,  it is close to RG14 7HQ
image.png

image.png

On Fri, 9 Jul 2021 at 19:46, Paul G8KFW <paul@...> wrote:

Hi Dave

Thank you for the information Is it possible to give me a post code to see if I can use it

Regards Paul

Plans are afoot to get the Farnham 24G beacon back on. Watch this space!

73, Dave

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

Andy G4JNT

What plotting software are you using that needs POSTCODE ????????????

On Fri, 9 Jul 2021 at 20:09, Paul G8KFW <paul@...> wrote:

Hi Andy Thank you

Plans are afoot to get the Farnham 24G beacon back on. Watch this space!

73, Dave

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

Paul G8KFW

Hi I haven’t got any plotting software

What plotting software are you using that needs POSTCODE ????????????

On Fri, 9 Jul 2021 at 20:09, Paul G8KFW <paul@...> wrote:

Hi Andy Thank you

Plans are afoot to get the Farnham 24G beacon back on. Watch this space!

73, Dave

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

Neil Smith G4DBN

I've seen a few very weak sniffs of a carrier, but there are two bands of rain between me and the beacon, so I don't expect to see any PI4 decodes until the northmost band passes over me and the air clears to the south. Also of course, the path is right through the densest part of my tree belt, so I can only see GCT from off-axis RS.

I am seeing an extremely faint smear of carrier at 10368935.0 spread a little HF by the RS.   Can I assume that the lowest PI4 tone is 200 Hz below that, to give an 800Hz lowest tone at that same tuning frequency? PI-RX shows occasional carrier detections around 1000 Hz

There is a very simple website for headings to the beacon, with no installation needed:

https://k7fry.com/grid/?from=IO91IJ51VR

Neil G4DBN

g4bao

Last decode today at 2031 heading throughout monitoring period was 3 degrees N of boresight.

No normal tropo signal on boresight now the rain's gone (But that's good!!) You don't want a beacon that you can hear all the time.
There are detections of the carrier every few minutes using PI-RX so it's there by troposcatter, but nothing on the waterfall.

73
John

Adrian G4UVZ

Good signal at the moment in Taunton  IO80KX51    S2-3   if I beam a little to the north S3-4 RS

I am sure this will be a great asset to the southern 10GHz beacon chain

Thanks for your good efforts

Adrian G4UVZ

OOOPs wrong screen shot!  that was Clive GW4MBS via rain scatter !

This should be the correct file !

UVZ

Adrian G4UVZ

Just installed the PI-RX software ..decodes appear out of the mist !

Adrian G4UVZ

Is there anyway to upload pictures which you can actually see / read on this forum?

Adrian

Andy G4JNT

Like this you mean ?   Lets see how it turns out
Alt-PrtScn to capture the image, then paste

Whatever screen capture you were using only gave a 227K image file size.

image.png

On Sun, 11 Jul 2021 at 15:24, Adrian G4UVZ via groups.io <adrianwhatmore248=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is there anyway to upload pictures which you can actually see / read on this forum?

Adrian

Andy G4JNT

Well, that's interesting.
Yours was a PNG of 227k size, small and blurred.   When I downloaded mine it's only 49K in size, larger and higher definition.
Odd.

On Sun, 11 Jul 2021 at 15:29, Andy Talbot <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
Like this you mean ?   Lets see how it turns out
Alt-PrtScn to capture the image, then paste

Whatever screen capture you were using only gave a 227K image file size.

image.png

On Sun, 11 Jul 2021 at 15:24, Adrian G4UVZ via groups.io <adrianwhatmore248=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is there anyway to upload pictures which you can actually see / read on this forum?

Adrian

Wilko

On a slight tangent: I can recommend "Greenshot" for creating screenshots on Windows. Well worth trying imho.

Wilko
PA1WBU

Adrian G4UVZ

Well I use Windows key plus PRTSC  and theses as you say result in a 250K ish file size  which looks fine on the my PC ..but when attached to the forum all resolution is lost!..IT issues again ..the bain of the analogue radio amateur!