MRFE6S9160HS PCB or whatever wanted

Nick Gregory G0HIK

I hope to be the proud owner of a MRFE6S9160HS soon.

I've found designs by DF9IC, but not sure how to make the PCB.

Does anyone either have links to PCB's for sale using that transistor or have something suitable for sale.

Or indeed anything that will help me on the way up from  the10 to 40 watts I currently have @ 23cm's.

Thanks

Nick G0HIK

Gerard Geesink

Hi Nick,

I have built 4 PA's with 2 x that MRFE.
All did > 250W.
Still 1 set of PCB's lying around here, originating from designer. You can have it for free.
Also some FETs left.

73 Gerard PA0BAT

Op 15 mei 2021 3:04 p.m. schreef "Nick Gregory G0HIK via groups.io" <nickg0hik@...>:

I hope to be the proud owner of a MRFE6S9160HS soon.

I've found designs by DF9IC, but not sure how to make the PCB.

Does anyone either have links to PCB's for sale using that transistor or have something suitable for sale.

Or indeed anything that will help me on the way up from  the10 to 40 watts I currently have @ 23cm's.

Thanks

Nick G0HIK

Jon Eyre

DF9IC has the PCBs for sale and so does G4DBN I think. They sell the 2 device board, you just cut in half. G4DBN also sells the heat spreader.

Sent from Jon's mobile.

On 15 May 2021 14:04, "Nick Gregory G0HIK via groups.io" <nickg0hik@...> wrote:
I hope to be the proud owner of a MRFE6S9160HS soon.

I've found designs by DF9IC, but not sure how to make the PCB.

Does anyone either have links to PCB's for sale using that transistor or have something suitable for sale.

Or indeed anything that will help me on the way up from  the10 to 40 watts I currently have @ 23cm's.

Thanks

Nick G0HIK

Nick Gregory G0HIK

Thanks for the info.

Various emails been flying around, hopefully I'll have a new project on the go soon.

Nick G0HIK

Neil Smith G4DBN

On 15/05/2021 14:29, Jon Eyre wrote:
DF9IC has the PCBs for sale and so does G4DBN I think. They sell the 2 device board, you just cut in half. G4DBN also sells the heat spreader.

I'm almost out of PCBs now, I only have seven sets left and all of them are allocated to folks who have already ordered spreaders.  I don't know if Henning has any in stock.

I am making a batch of ten more DF9IC spreaders, some of which are for folks with their own boards. If there aren't any more PCBs available, it might be the end of that line. I've made around 55 of those spreaders for Henning's 250 W 23cm PAs now.

I'm doing a run of W6PQL MRF13750 600 W 23 cm SSPA spreaders with coax clamp blocks for .250 and .141 handyform.  Also playing catch-up with all my other machining jobs which are delayed as a result of Caroline's ongoing health problems and the ceaseless demands of the day job.

These 'PQLs are going to have fluid cooling blocks made from copper pipes soldered into round-bottomed grooves machined into copper plates

Neil G4DBN