Topics

more interference

geoffrey pike

Clive Elliott GW4MBS

Plasma TV?

I'll be ok down here as there is no broadband.
--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m - 3cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!

John Fell

Hi Geoff ,
SHINE is a new one to me !

"properly certified" kit - ah that would be the one with the CE mark then .......

We still have Band1/3 combined Yagi and vertical crossed dipole arrays on rooftops in places down here .

73
John
G0API

Paul G8AQA

Sounds to me like poor susceptibility performance of broadband equipment.
G8AQA

Nick Peckett G4KUX

Edited

Anything with a SMPSU has the potential to cause broadband problems, I know this from personal experience. My broadband connection which normally syncs at 60Mb suddenly went down to less than 20Mb for no obvious apparent reason. Also some electrical appliances displayed bizarre behaviour. I have several touch sensitive lights and they either wouldn’t come on or if they did wouldn’t switch off. Called Openreach to investigate slow BB and they hadn’t a clue but informed me that several of my neighbours were also experiencing similar problems. The clue to what was causing it came when I put a digital meter on the mains supply and it indicated 350V,which was a bit alarming, however using an old Avo 8 showed that it was 245v which is normal. I then turned of parts of the ring main until the digital meter behaved itself and eventually found the problem. It was a Sky Receiver Box which had developed a PSU problem. Although still working it radiated massive interference at several Khz back into the mains and as we are on a Bi-Phase overhead supply successfully infiltrated my neighbours houses and caused problems with their BB service as well. I don’t subscribe to Murdockvision any longer so no further problems.

Nick G4KUX

Sent from Mail for Windows 10