More 23 GHz Wavelab 2 watt transverters available on ebay

Neil Smith G4DBN

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/23GHz-WAVELAB-23x1008xp-Transverter-QRO/203289901451

Discussion at http://mikrofale.cafe/showthread.php?tid=197 - also an interesting new item about a controller for a Alcatel 9500 at 10 GHz.

I have some spare PSU and connector PCBs for the Wavelabs if anyone needs them. This is an evolving project, and the choice of optimum IF is still being determined.

For those interested, there is a reverse-engineered schematic of the Wavelab units at http://mikrofale.cafe/attachment.php?aid=602

As Denis pointed out, there is a filter in the transmit chain so you need a TX chain which can work at 2.364MHz and an IF around 1.5 GHz, with local osc of 939.5 MHz on RX and 903.5 MHz on TX. I guess various boards are being put together to transvert those IFs to other more friendly frequencies, but it isn't exactly a complex task to make one up.
Neil G4DBN

Thanks for your interest regarding Alcatel 9500 11GHz and Wavelab 23GHz.

Below you can find my controller for Alcatel 9500 (not yet tested) and reverse engineering schematics of various radio link modules available on Ebay (SP2JYR).

I was inspired only by pictures, I still don't have access to my shack. The schematic diagrams can have small mistakes but in general are good for understanding internal RF architecture and pinout.

Let's see:

Alcatel 9500 TRX module (MTI version)

1. Schematic of TRX

2. Schematic of PLL VCO

3. PSU and Controller KIT YO4HFU

4. 2nd FI converter 144/432MHz  KIT YO4HFU

Wavelab 23GHz 23X1008XP or XN

5. Wavelab 23GHz 23X1008XP/XN schematic

Eclipse 11GHz

6. Up-Converter Eclipse 11GHz (F5DQK, SP6GWB) schematic

I'm still busy with reverse engineering of "Dual PLL Eclipse" (was already tested and programmed) , "Alcatel 9500 7.5GHz MTI" (suitable for 5.7GHz), Alcatel 9500 original FI board, Cambridge Boardband Network 10GHz TRX...

More updates and results will be availabe during May, on this group, Mikrofale.cafe forum, my Website.

I am open to any suggestion or help.

Robert, YO4HFU

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

"Alcatel 9500 7.5GHz MTI" (suitable for 5.7GHz)

This is the 6W tx only module?  I have one of those.

I looked at the 4W  Tx/Tx module, but it seemed to only have  2 stage RX amplifier, no mixer.

--
Best regards,

Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited

E: robin@...
T: +44 (0) 1299 405028
M: +44 (0) 7971 883371

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
confidential use of the above named recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient or person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you have received this communication in error
and must not distribute or copy it.
Please accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and delete this communication.

Thank you.

Edited

Alcatel 9500 7.5GHz MTI module is similar with 11GHz MTI version. Rx mixer is located on the opposite side, togheter with LO chain.  Front end transistor NE3503 (V75), mixer HMC220. TX PA FLM7179-4F.

- Photo Side A

- Photo Side B

Version "6W Up-Converter 7.5GHz" is similar with "Up-Converter Eclipse 11GHz", TX PA FLM7179-6F.

- Photo Eclipse Up-Converter

 Compact version Rx/Tx is a E500 XCVR series manufactured by MTI for Alcatel 9500 radio link. Equivalent module is EXCELICS STRATEX E500 but is difficult to be retuned due to very small stripline filters. Both versions can be found on same radio link (Tx High or Tx Low band plan). MTI version can be recognized by a small "MTI" seal label on covers. EXCELICS version has allen key screws.

Standalone modules as Tx Up-Converter, Rx Down-Converter, Dual PLL are from Eclipse equipment (according pdf F5DQK, SP6GWB). I never saw this radio link. Maybe somebody has more details about.

Versions 7GHz, 11GHz, 13GHz, ... are almost same.

Robert, YO4HFU

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

OK, I can see this on Ebay, I shall get one. I have a nice 45W PA for 5.7GHz, this or the 6W will drive it nicely.

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 at 13:08, YO4HFU via groups.io <yo4hfu=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

[...]

With the RX Nf at around 4.0dB, is there a good LNA we can use with these?

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 at 13:33, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG via groups.io <robin=redpoint.org.uk@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Tom SP5XMU

Hi Neil

More units relisted in reasonable price https://www.ebay.pl/itm/154511857603

--

vy73 de Tom SP5XMU / SN5R
https://twitter.com/sp5xmu

Tom SP5XMU

Hi
More units of WAVELAB 24GHz version XP available i reasonable price https://www.ebay.pl/itm/154511857603
--

vy73 de Tom SP5XMU / SN5R
https://twitter.com/sp5xmu

Peter LB0K

How could one use these??

Would that require surgery to the module or board?

Peter – LB0K