Topics

MKU 13 G3 Schematic

Conrad, PA5Y

Does anyone have a schematic for an MKU 13 G3? I can’t find mine. I can find the bit of paper that came with it explaining how to fit a lock indicator LED but not the schematic. I just finished putting it in a nice Schubert enclosure only to find that the front end has popped. Even before I connected it to an antenna! Goodness only knows how that happened.

What is the front end FET and are they unobtanium? I had hoped to use it in the next UKAC but it looks like another month with the TS2000.

Ah well.

It locks and the TX is fine.

73

Conrad PA5Y

Colin Ranson

Conrad,   MGF1302 ? or was that in older versions ?

Colin,. G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Does anyone have a schematic for an MKU 13 G3? I can’t find mine. I can find the bit of paper that came with it explaining how to fit a lock indicator LED but not the schematic. I just finished putting it in a nice Schubert enclosure only to find that the front end has popped. Even before I connected it to an antenna! Goodness only knows how that happened.

What is the front end FET and are they unobtanium? I had hoped to use it in the next UKAC but it looks like another month with the TS2000.

Ah well.

It locks and the TX is fine.

73

Conrad PA5Y

Graham G3VKV

    DB6NT 13cms G2 front end FET is an NE32584C

                                                    Graham G3VKV

Graham G3VKV

my mistake the 13 is 1296 not 2320 but I think the device in the G2 is the same on both bands

Graham

DF6NA Rainer

It's correct !!!

Am 07.01.2021 um 23:40 schrieb Graham G3VKV via groups.io:

    DB6NT 13cms G2 front end FET is an NE32584C

                                                    Graham G3VKV

Conrad, PA5Y

Yes the G2 schematic is available from the Kuhne archives, I suppose what I should have said was. I have the G2 schematic, is the front end the same for the G3? I have a G3. I suspect that the front end is indeed the sane. Which leads me to the next question. Where can I get a few NE32584Cs?

73

Conrad PA5Y

Am 07.01.2021 um 23:40 schrieb Graham G3VKV via groups.io:
    DB6NT 13cms G2 front end FET is an NE32584C

                                                    Graham G3VKV

John Lemay

They are listed as available spare parts on Kuhne’s web shop.

John G4ZTR