Might this 'fly' on 5.7GHz?

Gareth G4XAT

OK, so its design frequency is 7GHz (cheap surplus from Poland). IF comb lines are 9.5mm long, pre-driver chain to the PA comb lines are 7mm long. Mixer is an AD 1700-3800MHz spec device.
I.F. looks as if it has tiny ?SAW filters in line.
If only it came with the pinout and spec, but it was cheap.....
Final PA part number doesn't respond to a quick google, but perhaps someone recognises the logo? I'd guess its a 'frequency optimised' device, but you never know. SOme do well outside the design band (13cms PAs for QO-100 as an example).
Gareth

geoffrey pike

Hi Gareth
It looks like a Eudyna device, and if you didn't know before hand all the info is stamped on the case
The fist two figures is the frequency range and the last is the power of the device (usually what you can get out of it)
Hope the device range is either side of 5.7 GHz !
good luck
Geoff
GI0GDP

On Thursday, 10 June 2021, 16:26:03 BST, Gareth G4XAT via groups.io <g4xat@...> wrote:

OK, so its design frequency is 7GHz (cheap surplus from Poland). IF comb lines are 9.5mm long, pre-driver chain to the PA comb lines are 7mm long. Mixer is an AD 1700-3800MHz spec device.
I.F. looks as if it has tiny ?SAW filters in line.
If only it came with the pinout and spec, but it was cheap.....
Final PA part number doesn't respond to a quick google, but perhaps someone recognises the logo? I'd guess its a 'frequency optimised' device, but you never know. SOme do well outside the design band (13cms PAs for QO-100 as an example).
Gareth

Gareth G4XAT

Thanks Geoff, that makes sense, It says 7179-06F. SO a way from 5.7 but the earlier parts in the chain may not be so fussy. The circulator says similar - F7179 and a 10 (watts?).
Interesting..
Gareth

Stefan

Hi Gareth

It is a FLM or TIM 7179-06   7.1 to 7.9Ghz 6Watt F is flanged, good luck with tuning it to 5.7ghz

Stefan VK4CSD

Thanks Geoff, that makes sense, It says 7179-06F. SO a way from 5.7 but the earlier parts in the chain may not be so fussy. The circulator says similar - F7179 and a 10 (watts?).
Interesting..
Gareth

Cliff Barber

Hello,
This item looks to be worth a more detailed investigation, but I have not yet managed to find the item on Ebay.
Gareth, Please could you oblige with a "keyword" or a link.
Many Thanks
Best wishes
Cliff
G4BGP