Topics

Midlands RT

John Worsnop

Ben,
Why not put a team together and organise one? I'm sure there would be plenty of support in tha Midlands. I think Martyn G3Ukv was keen to see one so maybe you could get your heads together and make it happen?

I'd be happy to provide one if the talks.

73 John

Paul G8KFW

Hi Ben

Going back a few years  there was a lot of microwaves in the midlands and we hade meetings in

Coventry ,Birmingham  But times change

The most active group in the area is South Birmingham radio club

a good location is Coventry airport museum Falling that the  wythhall radio club / Village hall

Paul

Why not put a team together and organise one? I'm sure there would be plenty of support in tha Midlands. I think Martyn G3Ukv was keen to see one so maybe you could get your heads together and make it happen?

I'd be happy to provide one if the talks.

73 John

No virus found in this message.
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

Andy G4JNT

The existing RAL roundtable isn't all that far from the midlands
Just down the A34

On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 at 11:50, Paul Bicknell <paul@...> wrote:

Hi Ben

Going back a few years  there was a lot of microwaves in the midlands and we hade meetings in

Coventry ,Birmingham  But times change

The most active group in the area is South Birmingham radio club

a good location is Coventry airport museum Falling that the  wythhall radio club / Village hall

Paul

Why not put a team together and organise one? I'm sure there would be plenty of support in tha Midlands. I think Martyn G3Ukv was keen to see one so maybe you could get your heads together and make it happen?

I'd be happy to provide one if the talks.

73 John

No virus found in this message.
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

PAUL NICKALLS

HOT OFF THE PRESS

The date for the Midlands Round Table has today been confirmed as 14th and 15th December.  This event will combine microwaves and amateur television.  The first day will be indoors and weather permitting the second will involve operating out doors locally.

It will be held at Eaton Manor SY6 7DH thanks to John Cariss G7ACD.  It will follow from the successful BATC events.

Book the dates in your diary.  More info to follow shortly.

Organising will be :- G7ACD, M0HMO and G8AQA.

73
Paul G8AQA

On 26/09/2019 12:07, Andy G4JNT wrote:
[...]

militaryoperator

Ben,
Why not put a team together and organise one? I'm sure there would be plenty of support in tha Midlands. I think Martyn G3Ukv was keen to see one so maybe you could get your heads together and make it happen?

I'd be happy to provide one if the talks.

73 John
_._,_._,_

Maybe because I'm a beginner in this area plus I know of no others locally thus interested. Hence my interest in attending such an event and trying to learn more but they all seem to be on the fringes for some reason.

cheers, Ben.

militaryoperator

HOT OFF THE PRESS
The date for the Midlands Round Table has today been confirmed as 14th and 15th December.  This event will combine microwaves and amateur television.  The first day will be indoors and weather permitting the second will involve operating out doors locally.
It will be held at Eaton Manor SY6 7DH thanks to John Cariss G7ACD.  It will follow from the successful BATC events.
Book the dates in your diary.  More info to follow shortly.
Organising will be :- G7ACD, M0HMO and G8AQA.
73
Paul G8AQA

Interesting. I'll stick it on the wall planner. Hopefully, we'll still be interested by then!! hi.

cheers, ben.

Paul G8KFW

Hi  Paul

Could you please give use a bit moor information about Midlands Round Table and its venue at Eaton Manor

Also you say it will be a 2 day event  do you have enough to fill 2 days so close to Xmas

You also say to follow on from the successful BATC events is the BATC on board with this

Paul

Why not put a team together and organise one? I'm sure there would be plenty of support in tha Midlands. I think Martyn G3Ukv was keen to see one so maybe you could get your heads together and make it happen?

I'd be happy to provide one if the talks.

73 John

No virus found in this message.
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

No virus found in this message.
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

Noel G8GTZ

Hi

Yes BATC is happy to support, as we have the last 2 Eaton Manor TV events.

And the original email said “more details to follow later”....

73
Noel G8GTZ in IM12 square but unfortunately not in the contest tomorrow!

Sent from my mobile +447881914287

Paul G8KFW

Hi Noel
Sounds good

-----
No virus found in this message.
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

Iain Young

Excellent! I have just booked it in the diary. Happy to put
together a talk on my two-legged portable SDR microwave station
(rx only atm, but under development) if it would be of value.

I will certainly bring it along. From a quick look at the map,
I think there might be the chance to Beacon Spot GB3ZME.

73s

Iain

www.g4jnt.com <http://www.g4jnt.com>

On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 at 11:50, Paul Bicknell <paul@... <mailto:paul@...>> wrote:

Hi Ben

Going back a few years  there was a lot of microwaves in the
midlands and we hade meetings in

Coventry,Birmingham  But times change

The most active group in the area is South Birmingham radio club

a good location is Coventry airport museum Falling that the
 wythhall radio club / Village hall

Paul

Why not put a team together and organise one? I'm sure there would
be plenty of support in tha Midlands. I think Martyn G3Ukv was
keen to see one so maybe you could get your heads together and
make it happen?

I'd be happy to provide one if the talks.

73 John

No virus found in this message.
08/14/18
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> Virus-free. www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Murray Niman

Is there any update on the Midlands RT details, registration etc?

73

   Murray SU/G6JYB

militaryoperator

HOT OFF THE PRESS
The date for the Midlands Round Table has today been confirmed as 14th and 15th December.  This event will combine microwaves and amateur television.  The first day will be indoors and weather permitting the second will involve operating out doors locally.
73
Paul G8AQA

Did I read there will be test gear there Paul? I'd like to get a power out figure for my 2.4Ghz sat tx.

Ben

PAUL NICKALLS

Hi Ben,
Yes there will be a power meter there. Up to 18GHZ.
73
Paul