Microwave Modules MMT50/144 Help!

Bill N6GHz

Hello All,.
I'm back working on my MMT 50/144. I've searched the Web in vain for a schematic and have not found anything except data on some of the other models. Does anyone have a copy of the schematic that would share??? The model in question is the one shown below.
Regards...Bill - N6GHz

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Alan Melia

Hi Bill, MM was a British firm and I believe we only had limited access to 50MHz before the mid to late 1980s. However we did have activity on the 70MHz band. Because of the similarity of the products and the ''reuse'' of designs I am guessing the MMT70/144 may be as close as you can easily get.This is available on Dave Robinson's site (ex WW2R now G4FRE) If you dont have it Dave's dowloadables are at http://www.g4fre.com/MM.htm

Best Wishes
Alan
G3NYK

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 9:52 PM
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] Microwave Modules MMT50/144 Help!

Hello All,.
I'm back working on my MMT 50/144. I've searched the Web in vain for a schematic and have not found anything except data on some of the other models. Does anyone have a copy of the schematic that would share??? The model in question is the one shown below.
Regards...Bill - N6GHz

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Barry VE4MA

GA Bill, 

I assume that 50 MHz is the IF for that transverter?  I have a MMT 144 MHz IF & 50 MHz RF transverter in the classic black box  but also do not have a  manual 

Best 73
Barry VE4MA

Barry VE4MA

Sorry Bill if I looked closer at the picture I would have realized that your unit has a 144 IF and 50 MHz RF side also.

It would be interesting to compare notes on the RF part of the unit.  I had a power transistor  fail  ( High VSWR) , have a replacement but did not complete the repair

Barry VE4MA

To: "UKMicrowaves" <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 5:41:54 PM

GA Bill, 

I assume that 50 MHz is the IF for that transverter?  I have a MMT 144 MHz IF & 50 MHz RF transverter in the classic black box  but also do not have a  manual 

Best 73
Barry VE4MA

Bill N6GHz

Thanks Alan for your reply. I did see Dave's web site and looked at the 70/144 transverter in the "black box". Unfortunately it's different enough from the "fancy" version that I have. I think I'll have to remove the pcb's and do some circuit tracing. Oh well.
Regards and thanks for your help...Bill - N6GHz

On 6/23/2021 2:57:20 PM, Alan Melia via groups.io <alan.melia@...> wrote:

Hi Bill, MM was a British firm and I believe we only had limited access to 50MHz before the mid to late 1980s. However we did have activity on the 70MHz band. Because of the similarity of the products and the ''reuse'' of designs I am guessing the MMT70/144 may be as close as you can easily get.This is available on Dave Robinson's site (ex WW2R now G4FRE) If you dont have it Dave's dowloadables are at http://www.g4fre.com/MM.htm

Best Wishes
Alan
G3NYK
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 9:52 PM

Hello All,.
Regards...Bill - N6GHz

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Bill N6GHz

Hi Barry, It looks the details of this "fancy" enclosed transverter has been lost. I found and looked at the 70/144 version in the black box and it's not real close. But thanks. If I can help with info for the PA section let me know.
Bill - N6GHz

On 6/23/2021 3:49:17 PM, Barry VE4MA <ve4ma@...> wrote:

Sorry Bill if I looked closer at the picture I would have realized that your unit has a 144 IF and 50 MHz RF side also.

It would be interesting to compare notes on the RF part of the unit.  I had a power transistor  fail  ( High VSWR) , have a replacement but did not complete the repair

Barry VE4MA

To: "UKMicrowaves" <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 5:41:54 PM

GA Bill, 

Best 73
Barry VE4MA

Virus-free. www.avg.com