Topics

manual for Coutant ML100 PSU please

Nick Gregory G0HIK

Going through my box of PSU's, I came across a couple of Coutant ML100 PSU's.

These could be be ideal to power my new amplifier while out portable 18-32v in 19-28v out @4 amps

There lies the problem, only 4 amps, I wonder if they can be paralleled?

Nick G0HIK

Kevin G6UCY

Hello Nick

Is the attached PDF the one you are looking for?

Kind Regards
Kevin G6UCY

Kevin G6UCY

Hello Nick

OOPS sorry just put my glasses on!

The PDF came up when I searched for ML100 and I misread the file.

I looked a bit deeper and it would seem that Coutant is now https://www.emea.lambda.tdk.com/uk/ so might be worth contacting them.

Kevin G6UCY

Pete - GM4BYF

You can parallel provided you connect a diode in series with each of the positive supplies before joining them. Use diodes which will carry at least 5A and adjust the outputs to be about 0.6V higher than you require for for your amplifier and as near equal as you can. In that way, if more current tries to be drawn from one supply, the forward voltage across the diode increases to limit. i.e. they act as current equalisers.

73
Pete GM4BYF

--
vry 73
Pete GM4BYF

Nick Gregory G0HIK

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 09:14 PM, Kevin G6UCY wrote:
Hello Nick

OOPS sorry just put my glasses on!

The PDF came up when I searched for ML100 and I misread the file.

I looked a bit deeper and it would seem that Coutant is now https://www.emea.lambda.tdk.com/uk/ so might be worth contacting them.

Kevin G6UCY

 Thanks for looking and the Information Kevin.
Nick G0HIK

Nick Gregory G0HIK

Thanks for that useful tip Pete,

I'll give that a try over the weekend.

Nick G0HIK

Nick Gregory G0HIK

Many Thanks, that worked really well.

I adjusted the output voltages, till both PSU's drew the same current.

I used a bridge rectifier for the blocking diodes, but guess Schottky will be best.

Nick G0HIK