Looking for data on 23cm G3JVL 47-ele loop yagi.

andrew marshall

As part of my plans to raise my EMF compliance documentation, I am looking for gain and beamwidth/polar diagram data for my G3JVL 23cm 47-element loop Yagi. I have no paperwork for it here, and I have so far been unable to find any data via web search. I'd very much appreciate this data if anyone has it to hand or can point me at a link.

TIA.

73,
Andrew, G8BUR, M0MAA.

Stuart G1ZAR

Andrew, does it give you that information in the JVL Loop Quad calculation program?

regards...........Stuart

andrew marshall

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your reply.

I'll do a search for the loop quad calc program and see whether there's a way forward there. For security reasons my Net-connected machines run Linux so if the program needs Windows that might be a problem - we'll see.

73,
Andrew, G8BUR, M0MAA.

Andy G4JNT

My copy of LOOPQUAD (old 16 bit DOS, had to be run in an emulator) doesn't give antenna gain.

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 at 17:54, andrew marshall <g8bur@...> wrote:
Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your reply.

I'll do a search for the loop quad calc program and see whether there's a way forward there. For security reasons my Net-connected machines run Linux so if the program needs Windows that might be a problem - we'll see.

73,
Andrew, G8BUR, M0MAA.

KENT BRITAIN

20 dBi gain is typical   15 deg 3 dB beamwidth is typical

Plus or Minus a few seasons of weathering.

Kent

On Thursday, April 1, 2021, 11:54:39 AM CDT, andrew marshall <g8bur@...> wrote:

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your reply.

I'll do a search for the loop quad calc program and see whether there's a way forward there. For security reasons my Net-connected machines run Linux so if the program needs Windows that might be a problem - we'll see.

73,
Andrew, G8BUR, M0MAA.

John Lemay

Andrew

Directive Systems in the USA sell a range of loop yagis and their specification includes gain. You will probably find one of a comparable size to yours.

John G4ZTR

I'll do a search for the loop quad calc program and see whether there's a way forward there. For security reasons my Net-connected machines run Linux so if the program needs Windows that might be a problem - we'll see.

73,

Andrew, G8BUR, M0MAA.

andrew marshall

Hi Kent,

Thank you for your reply. I'll use 20dBi as input to the RSGB calculator and see if I'm compliant with 10W RF into 8m of H100.

73,
Andrew.

andrew marshall

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. I'll do a search for that company and see whether there's a close-enough antenna to the 'JVL 47-ele.

73,
Andrew.

andrew marshall

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your reply. That's saved me having to d/l it.

73,
Andrew.