From: "G8ZHA via groups.io" <g8zha-1=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>
To: <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2021 10:20 PM
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] LED Lighting noise

For info, I have solved my noise issue from my HiSpec LED lights. I have
replaced the drivers with a Meanwell APC-12-350, at a cost of £13 each.
Equal to the cost of the Hispec light and driver, so you get what you pay
for.

If anyone wants a crap noisy smps to experiment with let me know, before I
chuck them in the scrap bin!

Rich G8ZHA

Paul G8KFW

Hi Alan

There is a make that is designed in the UK and is very low noise further information of line
Regards Paul

Rich please offer them to David Lauder emc.radcom@rsgb.org.uk. David writes the EMC column in Radcom and is keen to collect units like yours for analysis. Most dont meet the required specs because the do not have the filter components installed !! If we get enough sample it is easier to bang a few heads !!

Alan
G3NYK

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

David GM6BIG

Hi Rich,

Have seen LED GU10s that destroyed UHF TV reception.
They had been installed in a bathroom ceiling and were about 5m from the antenna.
They were a big brand name too.

The bathroom had just been re-fitted, and the installer got a call in the evening.
"When we put the bathroom lights on, the TV stops working...."
Then the installer called me !

Cheers, DAvid