KST is Like Marmite !

Adrian G4UVZ

I was getting ready to operate on the 10GHz contest tomorrow and thought that I had better checkout The KST thing ..which I have to say I really don't like but amidst the chaos you can sometimes find someone to work!

I opened up the KSTME shortcut on the desktop ..clicked Connect and get the message your password is wrong

I see that as of last December KST Keys are no longer issued so ..If you are operating on 10 GHz tomorrow..please keep an ear on 144.390 USB

Adrian

Dave (G1OGY)

Running Windows?
Try installing wtKST

On Sat, 7 May 2022, 21:16 Adrian G4UVZ via groups.io, <adrianwhatmore248=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
I was getting ready to operate on the 10GHz contest tomorrow and thought that I had better checkout The KST thing ..which I have to say I really don't like but amidst the chaos you can sometimes find someone to work!

I opened up the KSTME shortcut on the desktop ..clicked Connect and get the message your password is wrong

I see that as of last December KST Keys are no longer issued so ..If you are operating on 10 GHz tomorrow..please keep an ear on 144.390 USB

Adrian

G0FCU

Or try kst2you.bss.design written by Robin but I suspect if the message is about your password than it's your password to on4kst's site that is wrong and nothing to do with keys for kstme.

Simon
G0FCU

On Sat, 7 May 2022, 21:35 Dave (G1OGY), <g1ogy@...> wrote:
Running Windows?
Try installing wtKST

On Sat, 7 May 2022, 21:16 Adrian G4UVZ via groups.io, <adrianwhatmore248=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
I was getting ready to operate on the 10GHz contest tomorrow and thought that I had better checkout The KST thing ..which I have to say I really don't like but amidst the chaos you can sometimes find someone to work!

I opened up the KSTME shortcut on the desktop ..clicked Connect and get the message your password is wrong

I see that as of last December KST Keys are no longer issued so ..If you are operating on 10 GHz tomorrow..please keep an ear on 144.390 USB

Adrian

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Have a try with kst2you   https://kst2you.bss.design/

No keys, works on a tablet if you can get a pigging phone signal on the hill, which I can't!

On Sat, 7 May 2022 at 21:16, Adrian G4UVZ via groups.io <adrianwhatmore248=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
I was getting ready to operate on the 10GHz contest tomorrow and thought that I had better checkout The KST thing ..which I have to say I really don't like but amidst the chaos you can sometimes find someone to work!

I opened up the KSTME shortcut on the desktop ..clicked Connect and get the message your password is wrong

I see that as of last December KST Keys are no longer issued so ..If you are operating on 10 GHz tomorrow..please keep an ear on 144.390 USB

Adrian

John Lemay

Adrian

The “key” that is no longer issued for KST2ME is (was) specific to KST2ME. It is (I’m pretty sure), not the same as the password for the original ON4KST.

If you can download and install wtKST, as suggested elsewhere, you will be good to go because all that is needed is your ON4KST password.

The big benefit of wtKST is that it separates out the messages directed at your own callsign. Without that benefit, on a busy weekend like this, messages fly past and are often missed.

G0VHF/P will be QRV on 10GHz today from JO01. We do not have 2m talkback – with all bands from 70cms to 24GHz that was one aerial too many !

John G4ZTR

I was getting ready to operate on the 10GHz contest tomorrow and thought that I had better checkout The KST thing ..which I have to say I really don't like but amidst the chaos you can sometimes find someone to work!

I opened up the KSTME shortcut on the desktop ..clicked Connect and get the message your password is wrong

I see that as of last December KST Keys are no longer issued so ..If you are operating on 10 GHz tomorrow..please keep an ear on 144.390 USB

Adrian

Bob_G1ZJP

Hi John

In KST2ME – if you use the “Filtered” option it separates out messages to you as well as monitoring other messages.  The manual if you haven’t found it is in the KST2ME package but I can send to you if you’d like?

Best of luck

Bob, G1ZJP

PS – Couldn’t find you on 70cms this morning have you stopped?

Sent from Mail for Windows

I was getting ready to operate on the 10GHz contest tomorrow and thought that I had better checkout The KST thing ..which I have to say I really don't like but amidst the chaos you can sometimes find someone to work!

I opened up the KSTME shortcut on the desktop ..clicked Connect and get the message your password is wrong

I see that as of last December KST Keys are no longer issued so ..If you are operating on 10 GHz tomorrow..please keep an ear on 144.390 USB

Adrian

Adrian G4UVZ

Thanks to all for your ideas on getting KST going ..I did eventually manage to get in and use 'Robin's' variant of KST with the map which is good for finding stations within a reasonable distance...

I still remain unconvinced  of the benefit of KST even with all the filtering, stations fly off the bottom of the screen within seconds !

Zello for me every time !  much more civilised!

Pete - GM4BYF

I use wtKST because it links in with AirScout and displays messages sent to and from your callsign, but active stations are all listed. See GM3SEK webpage.

Only disadvantage no meep sound

73
Pete GM4BYF

--
vry 73
Pete GM4BYF

David Ackrill

On Sun, May 8, 2022 at 02:12 PM, Pete - GM4BYF wrote:
Only disadvantage no meep sound
That wouldn't be a dissadvantage for me, as I turn off all Windows sounds so that nothing can accidentally be sent out on air.

militaryoperator

That wouldn't be a dissadvantage for me, as I turn off all Windows sounds so that nothing can accidentally be sent out on air.

gosh, how loud is your pc/laptop? I dont think many would mind hearing the odd ping or bell etc.
I find it hard to hear my meeps, the odd ones I get, due to the radio noise etc.

Got around to erecting 23 ant on Sunday and just into my FT736, so 10W on 23, worked 4! only heard 4, but ok with the /p in JO01 at 200km, maybe I dont need my 120Wamp?

Ben G4BXD

Pete - GM4BYF

Definitely need 100W to work stations like myself especially if using Aircraft Scatter.

73
Pete GM4BYF
On 09/05/22 15:42, militaryoperator via groups.io wrote:

That wouldn't be a dissadvantage for me, as I turn off all Windows sounds so that nothing can accidentally be sent out on air.

gosh, how loud is your pc/laptop? I dont think many would mind hearing the odd ping or bell etc.
I find it hard to hear my meeps, the odd ones I get, due to the radio noise etc.

Got around to erecting 23 ant on Sunday and just into my FT736, so 10W on 23, worked 4! only heard 4, but ok with the /p in JO01 at 200km, maybe I dont need my 120Wamp?

Ben G4BXD

--
vry 73
Pete GM4BYF

Ian White

On Mon, May 9, 2022 at 03:42 PM, militaryoperator wrote:
That wouldn't be a dissadvantage for me, as I turn off all Windows sounds so that nothing can accidentally be sent out on air.

gosh, how loud is your pc/laptop? I dont think many would mind hearing the odd ping or bell etc.
I find it hard to hear my meeps, the odd ones I get, due to the radio noise etc.
I also prefer to keep Windows sounds muted, so a valuable alternative to a meep would be to flash the whole display a few times - or at least a substantial chunk of the screen, so that even if it isn't the display you're currently looking at, it still can't be missed.

73 from Ian GM3SEK

Graham - G3YJR

Edited

I was pleasantly surprised to hear your signal up in Sheffield via aircraft scatter Adrian.

Graham G3YJR