Topics

hybrid combiner

G0FVI

HNY all,
just wondered if anyone has a spare 90 degree hybrid  combiner they wouldn't mind selling me. This is for use on 23cm EME. Doesn't need to be high
power as I'm a long way off TX capability at the moment, just need something to get up and running for RX, combining output of two LNA's.

Andy G0FVI

DD1US

Hi Andy,

I have some of those for sale:

https://www.dd1us.de/Downloads/L-Band%20branchline%20coupler%20V1_0.pdf

I guess they might be to big for your RX purpose ?

If you are interested just send me an Email. You can find it on my website.

Kind regards

Matthias

www.dd1us.de

just wondered if anyone has a spare 90 degree hybrid  combiner they wouldn't mind selling me. This is for use on 23cm EME. Doesn't need to be high
power as I'm a long way off TX capability at the moment, just need something to get up and running for RX, combining output of two LNA's.

Andy G0FVI

SAM JEWELL

Andy,
If that is for use with the popular SM6FHZ patch feed, the FXLabs 1-2GHz hybrid is popular. Used by several of us, with that feed, on 23cm EME? It is good for 200W, at least.
If you have trouble finding one, let me know.
They have appeared on EBay etc. Not expensive.

73 de Sam

On Thursday, January 2, 2020, 10:12 pm, G0FVI via Groups.Io <Andrew.gilfillan@...> wrote:

HNY all,
just wondered if anyone has a spare 90 degree hybrid  combiner they wouldn't mind selling me. This is for use on 23cm EME. Doesn't need to be high
power as I'm a long way off TX capability at the moment, just need something to get up and running for RX, combining output of two LNA's.

Andy G0FVI

SAM JEWELL

Ah, I see that is for combining two LNAs. Not sure about that one, then.
Probably not an ‘FHZ feed involved.
Intrigued why combining two LNAs?

Sam

On Thursday, January 2, 2020, 10:12 pm, G0FVI via Groups.Io <Andrew.gilfillan@...> wrote:

HNY all,
just wondered if anyone has a spare 90 degree hybrid  combiner they wouldn't mind selling me. This is for use on 23cm EME. Doesn't need to be high
power as I'm a long way off TX capability at the moment, just need something to get up and running for RX, combining output of two LNA's.

Andy G0FVI

Mark GM4ISM

Andy
If you don't mind a bit of construction, I have  lengths of sage wire that can be cut to length and will make a good cheap low power (maybe 10W) 3dB coupler
(sage wire is rather like normal 141 size coax but with 2 cores twisted together)
If you are interested I'll send some details..  The cable is in short lengths   not long enough to make couplers for 432 but can be cut for higher bands

Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2020 10:12 PM
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] hybrid combiner

On 02/01/2020 22:12, G0FVI via Groups.Io wrote:
HNY all,
just wondered if anyone has a spare 90 degree hybrid  combiner they wouldn't mind selling me. This is for use on 23cm EME. Doesn't need to be high
power as I'm a long way off TX capability at the moment, just need something to get up and running for RX, combining output of two LNA's.
Andy G0FVI
_._,_._,_
Is a Mini Circuits ZAPD-1 any use to you?

Andy
MM0FMF

G0FVI

Hi Sam,

Yes it is for a FHZ patch. The aim is to set it up as per his ppt presentation with two LNA’s, two hybrids and two SSPA’s.  For now just looking at getting RX up and running with two LNA’s one on each port before feeding into hybrid.

regards

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Ah, I see that is for combining two LNAs. Not sure about that one, then.

Probably not an ‘FHZ feed involved.

Intrigued why combining two LNAs?

Sam

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Thursday, January 2, 2020, 10:12 pm, G0FVI via Groups.Io <Andrew.gilfillan@...> wrote:

HNY all,
just wondered if anyone has a spare 90 degree hybrid  combiner they wouldn't mind selling me. This is for use on 23cm EME. Doesn't need to be high
power as I'm a long way off TX capability at the moment, just need something to get up and running for RX, combining output of two LNA's.

Andy G0FVI

SAM JEWELL

Thanks Andy,
I did wonder, afterwards, if that is what you were doing.
Although the hybrid adds a few tenths of a dB to the noise figure, as excess loss over the basic 3dB/port, the reduced size of the feed significantly reduces aperture blockage on smaller dishes, leading to better sun/cold sky (at least it did on mine!).
I can certainly recommend the FXLabs hybrid for this purpose. If you need to handle significantly more power than 200W, then a laser cut air stripline hybrid might be better than the FXLabs (possibly triplate).

73 de Sam, G4DDK