Topics

HP141

Chris Ruddy MM0KOS

Hi guys

Im looking for some help regarding the HP141 spectrum analyser and thought the best place to look for some help is here.

There is a cable (08443-60009) required to inter-connect the 8443A to the 8553B via the 141T for the 0 to 110MHZ.

Im wondering if anyone has one of these cables and can check the connections for me before i link up my homebrew effort.

Im looking to see if the cable is connected 1 to 1, 2 to 2 etc as i cannot find any information of it online.

A greatly appreciated Chris if you could take the effort to do this for me.

Thanks Chris MM0KOS

Geoff Robinson VK3KGR

Chris,

I found this on the web.   see page 186 of this PDF  https://www.liberatedmanuals.com/TM-11-6625-2781-14-and-P-2.pdf

Regards Geoff VK3KGR
image.png

On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 6:55 PM chris ruddy via groups.io <mm0kos=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Hi guys

Im looking for some help regarding the HP141 spectrum analyser and thought the best place to look for some help is here.

There is a cable (08443-60009) required to inter-connect the 8443A to the 8553B via the 141T for the 0 to 110MHZ.

Im wondering if anyone has one of these cables and can check the connections for me before i link up my homebrew effort.

Im looking to see if the cable is connected 1 to 1, 2 to 2 etc as i cannot find any information of it online.

A greatly appreciated Chris if you could take the effort to do this for me.

Thanks Chris MM0KOS

Chris Ruddy MM0KOS

Hi Geoff

Thank you very much

Regards Chris MM0KOS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Im looking for some help regarding the HP141 spectrum analyser and thought the best place to look for some help is here.

There is a cable (08443-60009) required to inter-connect the 8443A to the 8553B via the 141T for the 0 to 110MHZ.

Im wondering if anyone has one of these cables and can check the connections for me before i link up my homebrew effort.

Im looking to see if the cable is connected 1 to 1, 2 to 2 etc as i cannot find any information of it online.

A greatly appreciated Chris if you could take the effort to do this for me.

Thanks Chris MM0KOS

Ethan Waldo

Hello Chris.  I have the same 141T with RF analyzer and YIG preselector you've mentioned so feel free to reach out directly.  http://azurelectronics.com/HP%20141T%20External%20Connections.htm is a good resource which references https://www.glkinst.com/cables/hp_cables.htm#8443 that worked well for me.  It looks a lot more pricey these days, but a decent fallback plan if your homebrew effort hits a brick wall.  https://groups.io/g/HP-Agilent-Keysight-equipment is probably the best place for questions related to such things.