Hempt?

militaryoperator

Having bought a 10Ghz Hempt LNA I find its u/s.
MGF4917D

What should I be looking for to replace the device? nothing on ebay.

Ben

Andy

What should I be looking for to replace the device? nothing on ebay.

Franco has them listed at £4.66 +p&p +vat

Andy

militaryoperator

What should I be looking for to replace the device? nothing on ebay.

Franco has them listed at £4.66 +p&p +vat

Andy

? Franco who? Andy.

DF6NA Rainer

Hi Ben,

I can offer you some MGF4918D (NF 0.6dB - MGF4917D has 0.7dB)
Unfortunately postage is € 15,-

73, Rainer

Am 26.03.2021 um 13:27 schrieb militaryoperator via groups.io:

Having bought a 10Ghz Hempt LNA I find its u/s.
MGF4917D

What should I be looking for to replace the device? nothing on ebay.

Ben

DF6NA Rainer

Just found some MGF4919G (NF 0.5dB)

Am 26.03.2021 um 13:37 schrieb DF6NA Rainer:

Hi Ben,

I can offer you some MGF4918D (NF 0.6dB - MGF4917D has 0.7dB)
Unfortunately postage is € 15,-

73, Rainer

Am 26.03.2021 um 13:27 schrieb militaryoperator via groups.io:
Having bought a 10Ghz Hempt LNA I find its u/s.
MGF4917D

What should I be looking for to replace the device? nothing on ebay.

Ben

Gordon REASON <gordonj.reason@...>

Or the amp Fets from an old LNB  ...... difficult to remove though ....

On 26 March 2021 at 12:42 DF6NA Rainer <df6na@...> wrote:

Just found some MGF4919G (NF 0.5dB)

Am 26.03.2021 um 13:37 schrieb DF6NA Rainer:
Hi Ben,

I can offer you some MGF4918D (NF 0.6dB - MGF4917D has 0.7dB)
Unfortunately postage is € 15,-

73, Rainer

Am 26.03.2021 um 13:27 schrieb militaryoperator via groups.io:
Having bought a 10Ghz Hempt LNA I find its u/s.
MGF4917D

What should I be looking for to replace the device? nothing on ebay.

Ben

Gordon REASON <gordonj.reason@...>

FGX35

On 26 March 2021 at 12:32 Andy <mm0fmf@...> wrote:

What should I be looking for to replace the device? nothing on ebay.

Franco has them listed at £4.66 +p&p +vat

Andy

Steve G4HTZ

Think Andy means this company in Italy ...think they have quite a high minimum order or postage is high ...

https://www.rf-microwave.com/en/home/

--
Steve G4HTZ
JO01JN60

also known to be active occasionally on 70cms DATV

Steve G4HTZ

https://www.rf-microwave.com/en/nbp/nmp/10-ghz-amplifier-24ghz-doubler/su-02/

these boards have several devices on them for pre amps plus other useful components
--
Steve G4HTZ
JO01JN60
Great Wakering, Essex
24ghz 1.8w 80cm dish

also known to be active occasionally on 70cms DATV

militaryoperator

I love it when you win a little.

Thought I'd see how much current LNA was pulling. It said 5ma. Thought a bit low as destructions say twiddle pot for 10ma drain I.

Opened up little box and with 2 pairs of specs on saw wire off. Resoldered wire, 20ma.

Just put it on specy with sig gen running at 1/4f and bingo, amplification at 10Ghz.

I like it when a plan comes together.

Many thanks for the advice, pointers and offers.

Ben G4BXD

Pete - GM4BYF

Unfortunately Franco has upped his postage prices into the unreasonable level. Shame.

73
Pete GM4BYF
On 26/03/21 13:23, Steve G4HTZ via groups.io wrote:

https://www.rf-microwave.com/en/nbp/nmp/10-ghz-amplifier-24ghz-doubler/su-02/

these boards have several devices on them for pre amps plus other useful components
--
Steve G4HTZ
JO01JN60
Great Wakering, Essex
24ghz 1.8w 80cm dish

also known to be active occasionally on 70cms DATV

--
vry 73
Pete GM4BYF

Gordon REASON <gordonj.reason@...>

Ben , a good test to find the Iss of a fet ,

Very sensitve devices , I sometimes felt , that even blowing over them , would creat enough static to damage them

But , for an FG35 hempt , out of any circuitry ...........

Link the gate to the source .

Connect carefully , with short Wires , to a low voltage variable power supply , a 3 Volt battery is ideal with an adjustable output voltage  ( an LM317 )  and multiturm pot , and a mA meter in the output + line .

Set the output to Zero .

Connecy Positive to the Drain , and Negative ( common) to the emitter .

Slowly increase the Positive supply ........ at some 600 mV , the mA should be indicating around 50 to 90 mA

and at One volt , DO'NT GO HIGHER ,     the current should stablise at 80 to 110 mA

You have a good idea of your Idss ......

Turn the voltage back down to Zero , before removing wires .

For low noise Fets  60 to 80 mA

For medium power amps , 80 to 150 mA

Used to do this on a little jig , to select Fets used in a multstage amplifier ...... it worked very well and made alignment a breeze ..............

On 26 March 2021 at 14:05 "militaryoperator via groups.io" <Military1944@...> wrote:

I love it when you win a little.

Thought I'd see how much current LNA was pulling. It said 5ma. Thought a bit low as destructions say twiddle pot for 10ma drain I.

Opened up little box and with 2 pairs of specs on saw wire off. Resoldered wire, 20ma.

Just put it on specy with sig gen running at 1/4f and bingo, amplification at 10Ghz.

I like it when a plan comes together.

Many thanks for the advice, pointers and offers.

Ben G4BXD

Stanislaw Ziemczonek

Ben, I can get you (free) a  few MGF4918D ,
73's de Staszek SP6GWB