Topics

Has anyone got a copy of the 1947 book "Very High Frequency Techniques" by Nelson and Stavis (McGraw-Hill)?

The subject pretty much says it all. I'm looking for some information from that book. If you have a copy, could you send me an email and we can discuss the relevant bit I want.

Dr David Kirkby Ph.D C.Eng MIET
Email: drkirkby@... Web: https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Kirkby Microwave Ltd (Tel 01621-680100 / +44 1621-680100)
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT.

Mark GM4ISM

David
try looking at

UCL  and the British Library have a copy

Close but not the one you are looking for, I have the RSGB VHF Technique 1948,  Bayliss and Williams  just in case there is common content from that era?

Mark GM4ISM

Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2020 1:50 PM
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] Has anyone got a copy of the 1947 book "Very High Frequency Techniques" by Nelson and Stavis (McGraw-Hill)?

The subject pretty much says it all. I'm looking for some information from that book. If you have a copy, could you send me an email and we can discuss the relevant bit I want.

Dr David Kirkby Ph.D C.Eng MIET
Email: drkirkby@... Web: https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Kirkby Microwave Ltd (Tel 01621-680100 / +44 1621-680100)
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT.

Chris Bartram G4DGU

Hello Dave

One of my first steps when looking for a text or paper is to go to the IET Library. I think thats one of the main reasons I continue to pay my subs! They have been very good at finding odd (sometimes very odd ...) publications.

Cheers,

Chris

On Sun, 5 Jan 2020 at 17:11, Chris Bartram G4DGU <chris@...> wrote:

Hello Dave

One of my first steps when looking for a text or paper is to go to the IET Library. I think thats one of the main reasons I continue to pay my subs! They have been very good at finding odd (sometimes very odd ...) publications.

Cheers,

Chris

Thank you Chris. I must admit that I don’t make much use of my IET membership - I should try to use it more. Sci-hub is my usual source for any scientific paper, but it doesn’t cover books. I don’t know whether sci-hub will ever cover out of print books, but books that are still being published, so the authors still receive payment, would go against the ethos of sci-hub.

Dave.

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United Kingdom