Good 3cm tropo IO93 to IO80

Neil Smith G4DBN

GB3KBQ is romping in here now from 340 km away, even with my dish rather low. Anyone to my south-west fancy a quick try on Q65 or CW or phone?

I'll be on  KST for 20 mins or so

Ridiculously loud on the Mow Cop SDR as well, S9+20 at times, first time I have ever heard anything other than OSW on there!

GB3PKT is also coming through ...nice and strong.

image.png

On Mon, 29 Mar 2021 at 21:56, Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:
GB3KBQ is romping in here now from 340 km away, even with my dish rather
low. Anyone to my south-west fancy a quick try on Q65 or CW or phone?

I'll be on  KST for 20 mins or so

G1DFL

If only there had been an SHF UKAC tonight!
With no permanent aerials on any bands its my once a month GHz experience!

SEE is also audible on Mow Cop SDR.

Farnham 3cm SDR is bonkers, has a massive SCX plus KBQ, PKT, LEX all stronger than SEE.

Tonight its SW enhancement, but Friday and Saturday look great to EU on the Hepburn charts.

Regards..Pete
G1DFL

On Mon, 29 Mar 2021 at 22:47, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG
<robin@...> wrote:
Ridiculously loud on the Mow Cop SDR as well, S9+20 at times, first time I have ever heard anything other than OSW on there!

GB3PKT is also coming through ...nice and strong.

image.png

On Mon, 29 Mar 2021 at 21:56, Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:
GB3KBQ is romping in here now from 340 km away, even with my dish rather
low. Anyone to my south-west fancy a quick try on Q65 or CW or phone?

I'll be on  KST for 20 mins or so

Weird skew paths up here, I am hearing KBQ, SCX and PKT on a beam heading somewhere between KBQ and SCX. Much stronger than the direct signals. Also seeing PKT very strong at 75 degrees off axis from the south west but almost nil direct. So weird seeing four beacons at the same time on 3cm without rainscatter.  Just found an S9+ signal from PKT off Drax chimney, looks like the duct is quite elevated this end

Neil G4DBN

On 29/03/2021 23:09, G1DFL via groups.io wrote:
[...]

G4LDR

On Monday evening, 29th March, GB3KBQ was the strongest I had ever heard it, 599 + a lot, (normally 529). I have a regular sked with Adrian G4UVZ on Monday evenings on 3cm. Signals were 59+++++ last night.

We had always said we would try DATV when conditions were good enough (been waiting for months). Last night we tried. We exchanged HD video (and sound) on 3cm at symbol rates up to 2,000kbits/s (i.e. about 2MHz bandwidth). The distance between us is just over 100km over an obstructed path.

73 Neil G4LDR.