Topics

G4TWJ Sequencer

Mike GD6ICR

Edited

Have had a G4TWJ sequencer donated to me and wonder if anyone has any ideas about it. Based around an LM324AN Quad op amp and 4 x D620A npn as output drivers. Circuit diagram would be helpful

Thanks

--
Mike GD6ICR IO74PF73TW

Andy G4JNT

Edited

There's a ladder of resistors setting four thresholds.  
A capacitor discharges or charges with Tx/Rx
The voltage across it is compared to each of these thresholds in each of the four opamps.
The resulting comparator gives a sequence of four rising edges, or four falling ones at their outputs.
These drive various stages in A Tx / Rx system to ensure safe operation
Trace out the circuit. LM324 data sheet for connections is readily availalble

On Fri, 2 Oct 2020 at 11:49, Mike Webb <gd6icr@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Have had a G4TWJ sequencer donated to me and wonder if anyone has any ideas about it. Based around an LM324AN Quad op amp and 4 x D620A npn as output drivers. Circuit diagram would be helpful

Thanks

--
Mike GD6ICR IO74PF73TW

mike G6TRM

Edited

Hi Mike,
Have a look at the sequencer design offered for sale from W6PQL  It is likely to have some similar aspects.. his of course is based on smd components but I'm sure it will give you an idea..

Mike G6TRM

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2020 11:47 AM
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] G4TWJ Sequencer

Have had a G4TWJ sequencer donated to me and wonder if anyone has any ideas about it. Based around an LM324AN Quad of amp and 4xD620A npn as output drivers. Circuit diagram would be helpful

Thanks

--
Mike GD6ICR IO74PF73TW

Colin Ranson

Edited

All, re sequencers.

I took delivery of this yesterday.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From e-bay, Ukraine – very quick delivery.  About £15 post paid.  PA LNA TRX TRCVR RF Relay Sequencer, 4 ports/3 events.

Regards

Colin de G8LBS

Sent: 02 October 2020 12:56
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] G4TWJ Sequencer

Hi Mike,

Have a look at the sequencer design offered for sale from W6PQL  It is likely to have some similar aspects.. his of course is based on smd components but I'm sure it will give you an idea..

Mike G6TRM

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, October 02, 2020 11:47 AM

Have had a G4TWJ sequencer donated to me and wonder if anyone has any ideas about it. Based around an LM324AN Quad of amp and 4xD620A npn as output drivers. Circuit diagram would be helpful

Thanks

--
Mike GD6ICR IO74PF73TW

Jim Davidson

Apart from the 4 x D620A, this looks remarkedly like the sequencer described on p18.117 of the Microwave Handbook volume 3.   It does the job adequately.

73                    JimD, GM3UAG

Michael Scott

I think the original design was published in the ARRL Handbook 1986 p 32-37. I can send a scan if of help.

73, Mike, G3LYP.

On 02/10/2020 14:01, Jim Davidson wrote:
Apart from the 4 x D620A, this looks remarkedly like the sequencer described on p18.117 of the Microwave Handbook volume 3.   It does the job adequately.

73                    JimD, GM3UAG

Dave - G4RQI

Hello Mike

It probably isn’t much different to this https://www.w6pql.com/relay_sequencer.htm

73 David

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 02 October 2020 11:49

[Edited Message Follows]

Thanks

--
Mike GD6ICR IO74PF73TW

Mike GD6ICR

Thanks Colin looks quite good and I probably couldnt build it for the price alone

Mike

On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 01:24 PM, Colin Ranson wrote:
PA LNA TRX TRCVR RF

--
Mike GD6ICR IO74PF73TW

Mike GD6ICR

Please Ive had a look and I do have older Arrl Handbooks but cant see it in any of them
--
Mike GD6ICR IO74PF73TW

geoffrey pike

Edited

HI Mike,
The ARRL Handbook 1986 Chapter 31-11, a "TR time -delay generator", nearly all the analogue sequencers are based on this
design, whilst your pcb isn't an exact copy its almost certainly the same idea
cheers
Geoff
GI0GDP

On Friday, 2 October 2020, 11:47:55 BST, Mike Webb <gd6icr@...> wrote:

Thanks

--
Mike GD6ICR IO74PF73TW

Conrad, PA5Y

The ARRL design is called ‘A TR time-delay generator by N6CA’. It uses the same basic ideas but uses an LM339 comparator and a 74C86 Quad 2-Input EXCLUSIVE-OR Gate, you can find it in the ARRL handbook 2001, chapter 22.

I used one of these for 20 years.

There is info at the following link.

https://www.qsl.net/i1kfh/homebrew/accessories/sequencer/main.htm

Conrad PA5Y

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Webb via groups.io
Sent: 02 October 2020 18:04

Please Ive had a look and I do have older Arrl Handbooks but cant see it in any of them
--
Mike GD6ICR IO74PF73TW

Bent Andersen

Hi Conrad

For Long time ago I used this from arrl by today I use this on.... It has a option to use cw Keyer

73" oz1ct Ben

Send from my mobile office.

lør. 3. okt. 2020 10.27 skrev Conrad, PA5Y <g0ruz@...>:

The ARRL design is called ‘A TR time-delay generator by N6CA’. It uses the same basic ideas but uses an LM339 comparator and a 74C86 Quad 2-Input EXCLUSIVE-OR Gate, you can find it in the ARRL handbook 2001, chapter 22.

Conrad PA5Y

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Webb via groups.io

--
Mike GD6ICR IO74PF73TW

Andy G4JNT

I think "20 years" says it all.
All you need now is a PIC, 4 FETs, whatever you need for PTT interface (just a diode and R, usually), and a small voltage regulator if you don't already have 3 - 5V available.
Total cost perhaps a fiver for components and all fits on a PCB 30mm square - and that will be dominated by the driver FETs

On Sat, 3 Oct 2020 at 09:27, Conrad, PA5Y <g0ruz@...> wrote:

Conrad PA5Y

--
Mike GD6ICR IO74PF73TW

Mike GD6ICR

Thanks to one and all circuit now decrypted and working - Now to get on the band (3cm)

--
Mike GD6ICR IO74PF73TW

Michael Scott

Hi Mike

I tried to send this off line but for some reason the "Reply to sender" didn't work. If it doesn't come through, send me your  e-mail address to g3lyp@... and I will resend it.

73, Mike, G3LYP.

On 02/10/2020 17:03, Mike Webb wrote:
--
Mike GD6ICR IO74PF73TW