From: Michael Scott via groups.io
Sent: 28 May 2021 17:07
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] G4HUP PIC Board

Hi All

I Have a PCB  marked 16F84 G4HUP July 201x. The last number of the date
is obliterated by white resist around a mounting hole.

As well as the 18 pin DIL IC there are a dozen or so other components
and four connectors.

Does anyone have a circuit for this unit?

I tried Google, but didn't see it mentioned.

73, Mike, G3LYP

ian hope (2E0IJH)

It's not a board I reconise from Daves work, does it match any of this? http://huprf.com/huprf/archive/

Ian
M5IJH

Sent: Friday, May 28, 2021 at 9:32 PM
From: "Colin Ranson" <g8lbs@...>
To: "UKMicrowaves@groups.io" <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] G4HUP PIC Board

Sam G4DDK may know.

Colin de G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I Have a PCB  marked 16F84 G4HUP July 201x. The last number of the date
is obliterated by white resist around a mounting hole.

As well as the 18 pin DIL IC there are a dozen or so other components
and four connectors.

Does anyone have a circuit for this unit?

I tried Google, but didn't see it mentioned.

73, Mike, G3LYP

Andy G4JNT

Well, the 16F84 is a very old PIC processor.
Did Dave do any PIC projects ?

"Four connectors"  could it be a sequencer, I wonder.

On Fri, 28 May 2021 at 17:07, Michael Scott via groups.io <g3lyp=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi All

I Have a PCB  marked 16F84 G4HUP July 201x. The last number of the date
is obliterated by white resist around a mounting hole.

As well as the 18 pin DIL IC there are a dozen or so other components
and four connectors.

Does anyone have a circuit for this unit?

I tried Google, but didn't see it mentioned.

73, Mike, G3LYP

ian hope (2E0IJH)

Think might have found it, https://docplayer.net/50155506-A-pic-based-pa-sequencer-dave-powis-dl4mup-g4hup.html

Ian
M5IJH

Sent: Friday, May 28, 2021 at 9:44 PM
From: "Andy G4JNT" <andy.g4jnt@...>
To: "UK Microwaves groups.io" <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Well, the 16F84 is a very old PIC processor.
Did Dave do any PIC projects ?

"Four connectors"  could it be a sequencer, I wonder.

Andy

On Fri, 28 May 2021 at 17:07, Michael Scott via groups.io <g3lyp=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi All

I Have a PCB  marked 16F84 G4HUP July 201x. The last number of the date
is obliterated by white resist around a mounting hole.

As well as the 18 pin DIL IC there are a dozen or so other components
and four connectors.

Does anyone have a circuit for this unit?

I tried Google, but didn't see it mentioned.

73, Mike, G3LYP

SAM JEWELL

I believe this may have been either something he was working on when he passed or (less likely as it has his company name on it) something he had produced for his college students. I will see what I can find out.

73 de Sam, G4DDK

Sent: Friday, May 28, 2021 at 9:32 PM
From: "Colin Ranson" <g8lbs@...>
To: "UKMicrowaves@groups.io" <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>

Sam G4DDK may know.

Colin de G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I Have a PCB  marked 16F84 G4HUP July 201x. The last number of the date
is obliterated by white resist around a mounting hole.

As well as the 18 pin DIL IC there are a dozen or so other components
and four connectors.

Does anyone have a circuit for this unit?

I tried Google, but didn't see it mentioned.

73, Mike, G3LYP

SAM JEWELL

That does look more like it.

Sam

Sent: Friday, May 28, 2021 at 9:44 PM
From: "Andy G4JNT" <andy.g4jnt@...>
To: "UK Microwaves groups.io" <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Well, the 16F84 is a very old PIC processor.
Did Dave do any PIC projects ?

"Four connectors"  could it be a sequencer, I wonder.

Andy

On Fri, 28 May 2021 at 17:07, Michael Scott via groups.io <g3lyp=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi All

I Have a PCB  marked 16F84 G4HUP July 201x. The last number of the date
is obliterated by white resist around a mounting hole.

As well as the 18 pin DIL IC there are a dozen or so other components
and four connectors.

Does anyone have a circuit for this unit?

I tried Google, but didn't see it mentioned.

73, Mike, G3LYP

Alan Melia

Hi Ian, Close but the circuit scraps in that page show more circuitry than is on Mike's PCB. I have a number of ''sweepings'' like this from when we cleared most of his kit for his family. The date on the pcb is July 201x, so a lot later. I think the x is a 5 or 6. As Andy says 16F84 were already obsolete then I think.

That sequencer design was before cheap Chinese PCB makers were around I think. I remember Dave etching his own pcbs and later routing some.

Alan
G3NYK

Well, the 16F84 is a very old PIC processor.
Did Dave do any PIC projects ?

"Four connectors"  could it be a sequencer, I wonder.

On Fri, 28 May 2021 at 17:07, Michael Scott via groups.io <g3lyp=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi All

I Have a PCB  marked 16F84 G4HUP July 201x. The last number of the date
is obliterated by white resist around a mounting hole.

As well as the 18 pin DIL IC there are a dozen or so other components
and four connectors.

Does anyone have a circuit for this unit?

I tried Google, but didn't see it mentioned.

73, Mike, G3LYP

Alan Melia

No I'm afraid not, I think Mike got th PCB from me, I guess it was a teaching project.

Alan

I Have a PCB  marked 16F84 G4HUP July 201x. The last number of the date
is obliterated by white resist around a mounting hole.

As well as the 18 pin DIL IC there are a dozen or so other components
and four connectors.

Does anyone have a circuit for this unit?

I tried Google, but didn't see it mentioned.

73, Mike, G3LYP

Michael Scott

Hi Sam, Alan et al

Thanks for the suggestions, It looks as though there is a regulator and crystal plus a number of other resistors, capacitors and a diode. I found it with some other PCBs and it is obviously a professionaly made board, but I had no other information on it. I thought I should do something with it rather than dump it!

Mike.

Sent: Friday, May 28, 2021 at 9:44 PM
From: "Andy G4JNT" <andy.g4jnt@...>
To: "UK Microwaves groups.io" <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Well, the 16F84 is a very old PIC processor.
Did Dave do any PIC projects ?

"Four connectors"  could it be a sequencer, I wonder.

Andy

On Fri, 28 May 2021 at 17:07, Michael Scott via groups.io <g3lyp=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi All

I Have a PCB  marked 16F84 G4HUP July 201x. The last number of the date
is obliterated by white resist around a mounting hole.

As well as the 18 pin DIL IC there are a dozen or so other components
and four connectors.

Does anyone have a circuit for this unit?

I tried Google, but didn't see it mentioned.

73, Mike, G3LYP

Andy G4JNT

You might as well dump it, Mike.   If it's just a sequencer, and the device is so obsolete the usual PIC programmers , (the PICKIT family) won't even handle that one.
I have a matchbox of several 18F84 devices kept for "legacy" reasons, but they're never going to be used now.