Topics

Emailing: Dasco Osc DQ7016 Physical Pinout.jpg

David GM6BIG

Hi Colin,

Nothing like getting the data from the designer !!

They were used in many of the first wave of digital TV transmitters and transposers.
Phase noise is good (essential for DTV), and they were in service for roughly 7 to 10 years, so well aged.

However, to complete the notes, here is a pic of the DQ7016 - the pin numbers are helpfully on the top of the can.
Wish they all did that.

My current consumption notes from 2015 correlate well with your info....
********************
DQ7016 15V current consumption
450mA at startup
100mA after 1 min
80mA after 2 min
75mA after 10 min
*******************

Cheers, DAvid GM6BIG

HI All,

For those that might need them, or just want to file them here are the connections for the DQ7016

Pin 1 O/P TTL
Pin 2 Ground, O/P and – ve
Pin3 NC
Pin 4 Supply, 15 volt, up to 500mA switch on inrush, settle at 70-80mA.
Pin 5 Trim, 0-10v with respect to Pin 2, recommend hi-stab regulated supply.
Pin 6 Unused.

These connections were straight from the makers mouth. Apparently ten thousand or more were made for

The UK market, mainly BBC equipment.

Best regards to all, don’t go galivanting out tonight !

Colin de G8LBS.

Colin Ranson

Indeed David,   I spoke to Derek Smith himself, now in retirement – just up the road from here in Diss. When I explained I hoped to use it to drive a DFS with an output of 92MHz, and how a DFS worked and what it was for he remarked how clever !

I wished him a long life  and thanked him for his help.

Take care David de G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10